The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

Get a domain name primarily. Try Wordpress if your building a blog, as its free and you have tons of free support all over the internet. You can then choose to have it hosted free or paid depending on your budget.

Alright.I know wordpress is a good CMS program that is good for blogging.I am going to use it to design a mini site.Thanks

Content! Content! Content!

Okay so I've studied the Adwords, Adsense, SEO and so forth. ALL this information has been covered. Then they say make a website or a blog. The problem that I'm having is, I can't make a website or a blog unless I have content that makes it look like it's been there for a while. I can't have an archive section in the blog if I've only had it up for a day! For those of you that found your first niche, how did you go about getting content? THAT is what I need to know. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS!! :eek:

Thunderkattz,

First you should choose something to promote you know and/or are passionate about. It should also be something that has a hungry market. Don't try to create a market. That will give you some information to start.

You will need to do some research to begin creating content. Write several articles/posts about your niche. Get a domain name, get hosting, install blog software, modify, then publish the posts you wrote. You can also outsource or find plr you can modify and use.

Blog posts can find their way into search engine results pages rather quickly. Once your blog gets picked up by search engines then work on monetizing. Those blogs with archives started with one blog post.

Darwin :cool:

Hi Thunderkattz,

"I can't have an archive section in the blog if I've only had it up for a day!" You don't need an archive right away. People won't want to read an empty blog that only has 1 entry however you have to start somewhere.

You just start writing articles for your blog. Write 2 today, 2 tomorrow before you know it you'll have a dozen blog posts and content 2 or 3 pages deep. (Depending how long each one is and how many blogs you set per page.)
Once you have a dozen, you have enough content that it will start to take shape. After that try to blog at least once a day.

Did you pick a niche you know about and are passionate about? If so then think about the types of things that would interest you and write about them. Or do research and find out what other people in your niche are writing about.

Often what people do instead of always having to come up with articles from scratch - is to research the news in their niche or find an blog post that they think would be of interest to their readers. Then they just write a preface or add commentary or share their viewpoints and then quote a small portion of the article and link to it. So it's more like you are a news reporter and covering and adding to an existing article someone else already wrote.

For example here's a blog post I did which was a story AROUND a story that someone else wrote.
I just added my thoughts about their story. <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/1629/obsessive-compulsive-adhd-affiliate.html">Obsessive Compulsive ADHD Affiliate Strategy</a>

So that's just one way to start generating some content if you can't think of enough content to write from scratch.

Find Your 'Niche'

Okay so I've studied the Adwords, Adsense, SEO and so forth. ALL this information has been covered. Then they say make a website or a blog. The problem that I'm having is, I can't make a website or a blog unless I have content that makes it look like it's been there for a while. I can't have an archive section in the blog if I've only had it up for a day! For those of you that found your first niche, how did you go about getting content? THAT is what I need to know. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS!! :eek:

I understand your frustration along with everyone who feels like you do. That is why I have found a Niche that works for me and can work for everyone else and can also build them a residual income too.

:D

Use Dreamweaver

You can use dreamweaver to build and edit your new affiliate business.
Or u can get the help of any freelancers

I have my ecommerce store built by myself..

Thanks Darwin,Willstyle, Markcijo, and as always Lisa ;) Hey Markcijo, are all your affiliate sites ecommerce? I didn't think that was neccessary when doing affiliate marketing.

You may want to start out with a free blog. THey provide a nice outlet to get your feet wet. You can even practice HTML with the text editor.

Also, you can always search for templates. There are free ones available.

A Little Suggestion

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Although everyone here is giving you excellent advice, I think it might be worth it to invest in a simple but exciting custom-made website. By custom-made I mean that you hire a designer who knows web coding and possibly Adobe Flash. Adobe Dreamweaver is the industry standard program for web design and cold fusion for the backend/database. A good Web Designer should have at least one of these programs. The overall cost of the project should be anywhere from $1000.00-$2,000.00 to have a truly professional look. Even if you come across someone who can design (since you know your niche market) you may need to 'rough sketch' a site (even if it's on a napkin) and show it to that designer/coder. Most of the major sites on the internet were designed with content, appearance, and user-friendliness in mind and it would be in your best interest to follow suit. With the custom-made site you can add specific content in order to raise your ranking in search engines and develop further SEO techniques. I don?t think the ?web-in-a-can? packages have that ability. Hope this helps.

Ian

Websites

I can understand if you have the money and patience to pay someone to do a site for you that it could work out. Who wants to spend $2000 dollars to get started online? Not me. You can get a free 'Niche' Search Engine and be a member of GDI and use the software sitebuilder for $10 a month and then promote these programs to bring you RESIDUAL INCOME!
:cool:

Free Blog?

You may want to start out with a free blog. THey provide a nice outlet to get your feet wet. You can even practice HTML with the text editor.

Also, you can always search for templates. There are free ones available.

You can start a FREE blog and you could also start a free Squidoo Lens and have some google juice.

Tarsus Media Network

You can start a FREE blog and you could also start a free Squidoo Lens and have some google juice.

OK, as I said earlier. These are all excellent suggestions. I'm just saying that when you invest in something and you want to attract a certain caliber of persons, a professional site that is set apart from the others will definitely ring well with your viewing audience. The reason why we, as internet consumers, flock to Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and Wikipedia is because they are original, tastefully designed, and easy to recognize. Sometimes it's NOT worth it to get a Deal. I know you wouldn't wear a suit for $49.95 on a job interview.

IMHO going to a professionally designed site is going to attract a better audience rather than to be blended in with 'Black Hat' sites or sites that are out of a cookie cutter. Pardon me if I offended you, Sir.

Ian

Good Times!

OK, as I said earlier. These are all excellent suggestions. I'm just saying that when you invest in something and you want to attract a certain caliber of persons, a professional site that is set apart from the others will definitely ring well with your viewing audience. The reason why we, as internet consumers, flock to Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and Wikipedia is because they are original, tastefully designed, and easy to recognize. Sometimes it's NOT worth it to get a Deal. I know you wouldn't wear a suit for $49.95 on a job interview.

IMHO going to a professionally designed site is going to attract a better audience rather than to be blended in with 'Black Hat' sites or sites that are out of a cookie cutter. Pardon me if I offended you, Sir.

Ian

No offense taken at all.

Thanks FDC. I think that's the route I am going to take. Even being a graphic designer, sometimes having a template cuts back on design time. And will allow me to focus more on my content which I have been researching for weeks now. So tough but worth the reward.

Rob, by all means do what's best for you. What I said was just an opinion, not a hard solid rule. This is an industry where practically anything goes. I've lost count to the number of times someone requested to promote salacious material to my company. The funny thing is we try our best to set a standard of what good advertising material should be and are constantly being offered Non-Family related offers. As silly as this sounds a friend told me once that you should NEVER do anything that you would not want to show your parents. I'm using this point as an example of what you want to project on your site via a combination of content and appearance.

Anyway, I digress, I'm sure that for starting out the templates are indeed an economical suggestion. I was just applying my own experience since we have had success with a custom site.

Ian

I thought I would jump in here and add a few things because of the replies that have been made.

The information being given can be helpful to some people who might read it. However much of it is being directed to, and is for the benefit of robficiur, who started this thread. He made his post almost 2 years ago, on December 1, 2006. That was the only post he has ever made.

Since almost 2 years have passed since he made his post, he has probably made some type of a decision by now.

Thanks for being the Voice of Reason on this one. I'm new to the forum but have been involved in Affiliate Marketing for a while. That was very funny!

MI
Back