The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

10 Irrational Behaviors - How to Leverage for Conversions

Linda Buquet

affiliate
If you like to analyze consumer psychology as a way to help you gain insight to improve conversions, you'll enjoy the following post from SEOmoz.

Rand pulls important points from an outline of the book "<strong>Predictably Irrational - The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions</strong>" that relate to online marketing and consumer purchase decisions. Here are a couple of the lessons Rand took away from the outline.

<strong><a href="http://www.seomoz.org/blog/10-irrational-human-behaviors-how-to-leverage-them-to-improve-web-marketing">10 Irrational Human Behaviors and How to Leverage Them to Improve Web Marketing</a></strong>

<strong>Lessons to Apply to Web Marketing:</strong>

* Take advantage of expectations - if you're selling a product or service and can enhance the perception of value/enjoyment, your market is likely to follow along and actually get more value/enjoyment.

* In contrast to the recommendations for offering something for free, be aware that users who get your product/service for "free" will place less value on it than those who've worked for it or bought it themselves.

* It's easier to get more money from your existing customers than it is to attract new ones (this marketing wisdom has been around forever, but applies particularly well given this psychology).
<strong>Read the rest: <a href="http://www.seomoz.org/blog/10-irrational-human-behaviors-how-to-leverage-them-to-improve-web-marketing">10 Irrational Human Behaviors and How to Leverage Them to Improve Web Marketing</a></strong>

Great link!

He says in one tip: "Higher pricing means higher expectations, but also more fulfillment, even if the product isn't actually more fulfilling! Raise your consulting prices, people."

I thought this was interesting. It is true that if I am considering hiring someone for their counseling-type services, I place lesser value on hiring someone who offers a very low price. And when someone charges more, I take that as a sign that they really value their worth. I think this is important to remember when so many people want to offer free ebooks or relatively low-cost resources.

If you like to analyze consumer psychology as a way to help you gain insight to improve conversions, you'll enjoy the following post from SEOmoz.

Rand pulls important points from an outline of the book "<strong>Predictably Irrational - The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions</strong>" that relate to online marketing and consumer purchase decisions. Here are a couple of the lessons Rand took away from the outline.

<strong>Read the rest: <a href="http://www.seomoz.org/blog/10-irrational-human-behaviors-how-to-leverage-them-to-improve-web-marketing">10 Irrational Human Behaviors and How to Leverage Them to Improve Web Marketing</a></strong>

It is easier to get existing customers to buy from you rather than get new customers.
The existing customers have put their trust on your products/services, thus it is easier to get them to buy from you.

It is easier to get existing customers to buy from you rather than get new customers.
The existing customers have put their trust on your products/services, thus it is easier to get them to buy from you.

Yes, this is true. I know personally, when I come to trust an author or a counselor, I tend to look for the things that they are selling--I am naturally interested to see their "latest" because I assume that it will appeal to me, since I already like what they are doing with their services.

banners
Back