The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Youtube shorts and affiliate marketing

Recently, I've seen there are a lot of tutorials on Youtube about how to promote affiliate offers with Youtube shorts. However, reading the comments, no one has said they've made money with it.

The problem seems to be that the majority of traffic for Youtube shorts comes from mobile and there is no description under the video so people have to go out of their way to see the description.

Anyone who's tried it, what was your experience?

The good news is yes, affiliate links are allowed on YouTube. More good news is that you can learn how YouTube works and how you can use YouTube in combination with affiliate marketing to make money as a YouTube Affiliate.

Recently, I've seen there are a lot of tutorials on Youtube about how to promote affiliate offers with Youtube shorts. However, reading the comments, no one has said they've made money with it.

The problem seems to be that the majority of traffic for Youtube shorts comes from mobile and there is no description under the video so people have to go out of their way to see the description.

Although, I haven't tried that.
But I don't think people can earn that much from Youtube shorts (from affiliate links). Who has time to read the description and click on the affiliate link from there? People will just swipe the video and watch another one.
There might be some tactics to pull them towards the description.

Yes, there are many reasons why YouTube affiliate marketing can work for you. But if you’re having trouble finding success with YouTube affiliates, here are three reasons that might get you over the hump. If you have a strong business or brand you can leverage from video marketing, that’s a huge selling point for potential partners. YouTube provides a very powerful platform for reaching a large audience. These are just a few of the reasons why affiliate marketing on YouTube might be right for you. Try testing it out and see if it makes sense for your business or brand. You might be surprised by what you find.

If you want YT to work for you and your company, you really need to have the same mindset as one would have with Google. The requirements for high quality and frequently updated content is a must. You want to attract subscribers. This means that just like a content site, you must have relevant information that actually engages the viewers enthusiasm. You want them to look forward to more from you.

Everyone needs to remember that we originally called all of this the Information Highway. Somewhere along the way, many have come to think of the web as the Advertisement Highway. We watch a TV show for the quality of the show, not the quality or content of the ads, but that IS important also! Provide high quality, frequently updated, relevant content and you will earn and your earnings will continue to grow as the word gets out about your site!

If you want YT to work for you and your company, you really need to have the same mindset as one would have with Google. The requirements for high quality and frequently updated content is a must. You want to attract subscribers. This means that just like a content site, you must have relevant information that actually engages the viewers enthusiasm. You want them to look forward to more from you.

Everyone needs to remember that we originally called all of this the Information Highway. Somewhere along the way, many have come to think of the web as the Advertisement Highway. We watch a TV show for the quality of the show, not the quality or content of the ads, but that IS important also! Provide high quality, frequently updated, relevant content and you will earn and your earnings will continue to grow as the word gets out about your site!
Amazing! I think the forum should offer "the best answer button" I find so many people giving amazing answers and the max I can do is give them a reaction which isn't enough.

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

Truth to be told, haven't tried it yet, but you should check out it really can bring you profit, see or ask for some real proof. If you think it isn't that worthy maybe you should try out some other approach. On the other hand, YouTube ads can also be made through Google ads, and there you could put a landing page that will direct people to the desired page, no matter if they come from mobile or not.

In my opinion, this new feature which is called youtube shorts will never be popular, because it directly a borrowed idea from tiktok. The rapid development of tiktok made other services to maintain their popularity, however I don't think that youtube started to lose popularity because of tiktok, because they have different formats of videos. Everybody just tries to get the biggest piece of cake. Youtube also wanted to get this piece and launched youtube shorts. Anyway, I'm not sure sometimes this format can be popular as well as tiktok. If there is one service which showed its competency, then nobody would pay attention to other similar formats.

You can still put affiliate links in the description. For example, I create full-length videos rather than shorts. Keep making videos, regardless of how many people watch them. Don't be afraid to promote yourself on Snapchat and other social media platforms. You can include as many links as you want in your description! For example, suppose you're making a video about how to make a pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back