The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

YouTube Ads....

We've been syndicating pre-roll video ads for over 4 years. All of my comments are more from a publishers viewpoint and not so much an advertisers. Some of them may be useful.

1) The vast majority of ad spots are 30 seconds. Some pubs limit to 15 sec and some allow 60, 90 and 120 secs. Most of the demand is for desktop, but all the exchanges are heavily promoting mobile video too. Not too many pubs nor advertisers are happy with mobile video. But i do see real changes that will make it better. It's just a matter of time until mobile video is widespread.
2) For publishers that run ad tags from other than Google, they must not use a YouTube Video Player. None of the major exchanges will approve a website to use their tags on a youtube player. The most popular player is "JW Player" followed by about 2 dozen more. Flowplayer is a good free option used by many.
3) Recently, AOL introduced a new format called "Outstream" which is a video ad that is meant for publishers without video content (not to be confused with "in-banner" video ads that are also meant for pubs without video content. The common pre-rolls tags are referred to as "in-stream".
4) We've worked with several exchanges and prefer Adap/AOL now bought by Verizon. Facebook recently bought out LiveRail, so hopefully that marketplace will grow.
5) Publishers interested in running video ads, must have an Alexa 50k or better ranking in USA.

Hope it helps!

We've been syndicating pre-roll video ads for over 4 years. All of my comments are more from a publishers viewpoint and not so much an advertisers. Some of them may be useful.

1) The vast majority of ad spots are 30 seconds. Some pubs limit to 15 sec and some allow 60, 90 and 120 secs. Most of the demand is for desktop, but all the exchanges are heavily promoting mobile video too. Not too many pubs nor advertisers are happy with mobile video. But i do see real changes that will make it better. It's just a matter of time until mobile video is widespread.
2) For publishers that run ad tags from other than Google, they must not use a YouTube Video Player. None of the major exchanges will approve a website to use their tags on a youtube player. The most popular player is "JW Player" followed by about 2 dozen more. Flowplayer is a good free option used by many.
3) Recently, AOL introduced a new format called "Outstream" which is a video ad that is meant for publishers without video content (not to be confused with "in-banner" video ads that are also meant for pubs without video content. The common pre-rolls tags are referred to as "in-stream".
4) We've worked with several exchanges and prefer Adap/AOL now bought by Verizon. Facebook recently bought out LiveRail, so hopefully that marketplace will grow.
5) Publishers interested in running video ads, must have an Alexa 50k or better ranking in USA.

Hope it helps!

Great Info Burris. with regards to your point #5, does one need to have a website with that high of ranking in order to run In stream video ads on YouTube? I hope not as I want to start running ads on there. thanks!

MI
Back