The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Your Preferred Design Styles

Viktori

affiliate
Nest.png

I have always favored clean and almost corporate looking designs. I know they might seem boring to some people, but it's always been my favorite. I find them very soothing, especially bright ones like the picture above. I also like designs like these because they have enough elements in them that they aren't too minimalist, which I tend to dislike. Do you have a favorite type of design? Grungy, funky, colorful or muted colors? Provide examples if you can! :)

I like the bubbly, simplistic designs that you might find on sites like google.org and microsoft.com, even craigslist and plenty of fish. From a webmaster's standpoint, they -seem- too simplistic to work, but the reality is that simplicity with a good idea actually makes it very easy on the user. Creating wonderful websites isn't always about the smoke and mirrors, as evidenced by these highly successful sites. The key, however, is getting the perfect balance of "eye-catching" and simple. You want your users to notice what's important, and I think this is what makes these designs so successful. I plan to try out a variation of my own soon.

I hate to admit this, but I don't have "an eye" for this sort of thing. Whatever seems to be most popular at the moment is what I want to use. Unfortunately, that means that I'm constantly having to get my stuff upgraded because the public changes its taste so frequently, and my sites look "dated" very quickly. Seriously, you'll take one look and say, "That is so last season!"

I hate to admit this, but I don't have "an eye" for this sort of thing. Whatever seems to be most popular at the moment is what I want to use. Unfortunately, that means that I'm constantly having to get my stuff upgraded because the public changes its taste so frequently, and my sites look "dated" very quickly. Seriously, you'll take one look and say, "That is so last season!"

It certainly is an advantage of more classic designs. And yes, I agree that trends come and go so fast nowadays that it really takes a good structure to maintain and keep up. I don't think you necessarily have to have an "eye" for it though, but it certainly helps. I believe that if you devote enough time to research and immersion then you will eventually be a lot more "natural" at it. Good luck!

I love all different types of designs, but the one I like the most are simplistic ones. Like Nymph said, I love bubbly text, but I also like some colors. This pops out the letters, and looks good as well. I like the background to be a shade of gray, so the white text can easily blend with it.

It certainly is an advantage of more classic designs. And yes, I agree that trends come and go so fast nowadays that it really takes a good structure to maintain and keep up.

That's it exactly! My sites are effectively "slaves to the latest trends" -- even moreso than clothes in the fashion industry. :). You have an advantage in that you have "the eye" and can actually identify what "classic design" is. To me, it simply looks like just another trend that was popular 2 years ago. :whistling:

My favorite design style is minimalist because it looks clean and whatever content you put with this design seems to be easily highlighted.

Designing the perfect layout for a project is difficult especially when you have a lot of content to upload together with it. The best way to go about it is to have a minimalist style because it is simple, stylish, and elegant. You will not go wrong or have the difficulty of mixing and matching elements together, thus the reason why minimalist is my favorite design style.

Recently, I've found myself in love with the minimalistic yet bubbly type of design. I remember a couple of years ago I had an addiction with black and modern style. I don't know why, but I always have a change in preference.

There is no particular style that I prefer when designing sites for personal or clients' sites. The overall design depends on what the customer likes from the examples that are given to them. Then if they wish, more modules and other varieties are added. The fonts, colors, graphics, images, background images, etc. are selected based on the customers' choices, or when they have no particular taste, then my web design team selects the best that suits the overall theme of the site.

I also prefer clean designs. Not only they are easier to get used to, but they can also decrease you page's loading time which is very important since google actually uses that as a ranking factor. Well, its not like you will be hitting page 1 with a fast loading time alone, but it definitely helps.

My favorite style it's the new Flat style that it's being used widely in a lot of web sites. I especially like what Microsoft did with the new Start interface (a.k.a. Metro UI). Also, I should mention I appreciate the simple designs since I follow the principle that the design should be so simple that it looks like it's part of the nature or of objects that surround it.

MI
Back