The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Your Own Private Blog Network?

azlan

affiliate
You may have heard of creating your own private blog network for SEO purposes. Is this something anyone has experience of or would consider doing and does it actually work? Could be a risky venture as considerable investment would be required to build such a network up.

I won't recommend it because it is better to go to other sites to get links than to manage multiple sites. What will happen if you have to jump from one niche to the other? Will you create a blog network for each niche?

It sounds like a lot of work for an uncertain result. I agree with the previous poster, its best to cultivate back-links honestly, though other sites or blogs who want to link to you. Getting results by working hard and doing the proper SEO white hat stuff is always going to work out better than trying to cheat the system, IMO.

I also agree. Blog networks were a good strategy up until about two years ago, whether they were your own that you personally built or membership sites that gave you access to post articles for backlinks in their private network of blogs. However, Google went after these blog networks and deindexed hundreds of them.

So nowadays there is a risk. If caught your blogs could get deindexed and the site your blog network is supporting may also suffer a penalty or be deindexed.

It's just not worth it in this day and age. Even if you do not get deindexed, these kinds of backlinks are no longer as effective for boosting your rankings in the SERPs.

It's best to build quality sites and get legitimate links from others who link to you because they want to share your content.

Depends on how the network is configured. I've read about how hosting on separate C-class (?) IP addresses may help. Try not to put all your eggs in one basket.

MI
Back