The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

You help me and I will help you

d0m1n10n

I am creating a new set of books that is going to be directed towards internet marketing newbies and those who are not satisfied with thier current buisness resaults. So what I have to ask of you is to think hard about one or two questions you have that you would really like answered. They could even be ones that you already know the answer to but just think it is a very important aspect of intenet marketing. If you know the answer please provide it and the source you got it from if availible. In return I will give you a copy of my product when it is completed absolutely free of charge. It already consists of around fifty books that I have the rights to and any questions that I cannot find the answers to in those books will go into a book that I myself will compose called The Best Of The Rest: Hard To Find Internet Marketing Answers. So if you will help me out I will in return help you out. Please send your answers to products@guruofinfo.com "products at guruofinfo.com".

Thanks,
Terry Brazil

Hi Terry,

Sounds like an interesting project. Hope some of our members contribute. I would like to ask people to post your questions here in this thread too as it could make for some really good discussion that all 5 Star members could learn from.

Thanks

Thanks for noticing my thread. Yeah that would be great if they would post the question to both. I could also answer the questions some of the questions after they are asked. Just keep in mind it can be about any aspect of marketing (SEO, Protecting links, copywriting, list building, squeeze pages, Killer headlines). I bet you right now most of you are not even using sqeeze pages with your affiliate marketing and are loosing out bigtime. Dont know what a sqeeze page is? Then just ask and think of another question while you are at it. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain so what are you waiting for?

Well im glad you asked. Here is my newest squeze page. Basically most affiliate marketers just send thier traffic directly to the affiliates sales page. So you advertise throught PPC, Forums, ect... (ask about free advertising methods) and your time and money just got the products owners list to grow and most likely a sale was never made. The products owner now has thier contact info and can keep pitching the sale to them. You are wasting about 99% (depending on conversion rate) of your clickthroughs beacuse a sale was not made and you got nothing out of the deal. So what you do is setup a sales primer like I have done and this will get the potential customer aching to learn more about the product. They submit thier name and email addy to learn more. At this point they either buy or they dont. But you have thier info so you setup a sequential autoresponder to keep sending them emails and trying to sell them the product as well as backend sales (ask about backend sales). After all most sales are not made on the first contact but the .... umm how many contacts does it take to usally make a sale (again just ask)? Now you bumped up your 1% conversion rate to about 5% or 6+%. In turn your affiliate commissions go through the roof. This works extremely well and backs up the saying that "your money is in the ...) what is that last part again? Well if you want to find out you will just ask.

I also wanted to say that I will be launching 3 similar kinds of prouducts on diffrent subjects. The subjects will be email marketing, website design, and another that is to be announced.

Thanks
Terry Brazil
www.guruofinfo.com

Terry, great book in the works

Terry,

Great book in the works. Using autoresponders and pushing to collect contact info is a great way for an affiliate to push an auto responder too increase conversions.

I'd say a section on what an affiliate manager can do to help recruit affiliates Its pretty dry online other then the basics of what creative ways you can find your niche of affiliates.

good luck writing,

Brian

the problem with this tread.. is it's in the wrong forum....

here at five star... we are mostly interested in selling real products that consumers use everyday...

the bulk of this tread is about sweeze pages and "biz building' stuff that simply are of no use to those of use in this segment on the online world.

sweeze pages are conter productive when selling to our clientel... because most wil be scared away before we ever get to show them what we have for sale...

a Sweeze page, linda is a page that has a brief message and requires a name and email address before it lets the visitor into the website... the purpose being to build an email list...

with consumables... the visitor simply will hit the back button and go to the next site in the search results...

Joe

Hi Joe,

I do agree with you about the type of affiliates we mainly have and you know me I'm all about legit pay per sale PRODUCT affiliate programs. However I'm sure there are probably some ebook type affiliates and email marketing affiliates that do lurk and read here. Also newbie internet marketers that maybe do have questions. One of the reasons we have blogging forums and SEO forums and even motivation forums is so that all internet marketers can ask questions or find answers even if not directly related to AM as you and I know it.

I have PMed Terry about this and your other post and asked for some changes in posting style and frequency to be sure self promotion does not get too carried away and will keep an eye out. Thanks!

Sorry that I offended you so much Joeseph. I was simply trying to do research and help others out. The idea behind a sqeeze page is not to build a list either. It is to capture the potential customers contact information. This is done by the owners of the products that you market. Then they use it to continue selling the item to them. Instead of letting them get the contact info and making the sale and you not getting your commission. This way you get what you have comming to you. Did you know that most of your sales are made on the 7 - 8 contact? Its true and you are loosing lots of sales by not using this method.

I am also not selling in conumibles. I am dealing mostly in information. And as well I am not dealing completely in affiliate marketing. I am also dealing in internet marketing (selling ones own product). If you look at the example of a sqeeze page that I put up it is far from giving a brief message. It actually tells all of the benifits of the product as well as what it consists of. In that examples case it actually tells more about the product than the products sales page. I have left a few small things out of my web copy so that I can use it in my followup messages.

Well anyhow I guess Im over and out. Sorry I disrupted your community. Guess I will spend more time focusing on the forums I post on that thier people dont know everything.

PS I wouldnt of posted as much as I did here if Linda didnt say that I was contributing. None of this is beacuse of you Linda. You seem like a real good person that is open to new ideas and learning new things. And that is my2cents.

l8r

Hi Terry,

I DO appreciate your contribution - just trying to please all sides.

As I said in the post above, I do want a variety of info and you have been a great contributor.

I hope you stick around!

Hello everyone, I read this forum and my main interest so far is definatly the "internet marketing" "information product " type affiliate stuff..and Im fairly noob too .. so I guess I fit the criteria.
I have a few questions:
1- Should an affiliate marketer/internet marketer remain anonymous?
Or is it best to put your real name on everything you do?
2-Does a noobie need to learn allot of html/web design?
3-What is the #1 tip on avoiding being scammed?

Thanks.

Bobb said:
Hello everyone, I read this forum and my main interest so far is definatly the "internet marketing" "information product " type affiliate stuff..and Im fairly noob too .. so I guess I fit the criteria.
I have a few questions:
1- Should an affiliate marketer/internet marketer remain anonymous?
Or is it best to put your real name on everything you do?
2-Does a noobie need to learn allot of html/web design?
3-What is the #1 tip on avoiding being scammed?

Thanks.

I believe that it is best not to be anonymous since it makes the customer more at ease. Shows that you are not trying to hide behind your advertisment or sales ad. Alot of people will even put a picture and signature on thier sales ad. Therefore I dont the affiliate should hide either.

Second off it is not completely necessary to learn html and sell as an affiliate. You can use such things as safelists but they are not good for much unless you have a product that appeals to a wide variety of people. Free classifieds will work to but they usally wont get you mass amounts of exposure. It is very benifitial to have your own site thought. You can always go and pay someone to make you a site but it would have to be updated fairly freqenty. If you dont have time to learn html, javascript, ect.. you can always just learn how to make a site with a wysiwyg page maker. This will basically what a lot of product owners thierselves do since many dont know how to do it.

For the third question it depends on what you mean a little more detailed. If it is about getting scammed by the person who owns the product you are selling. First off I would recommend a site like clickbank.com that will do all of the work for the both of you the product owner by accepting the payment taking its fees and distributing the remainder according to what the comission is atm as well as doing all of the mediation involved in the sale. If you do want to use a independant affiliate system you should never have to pay to join it. You should also never be required to display thier logo on your site. Not to common but I heard of it. Also be careful and read over the legal info involved some will only pay you quarterly, you deal with all mediation with the customer, ect...

Hope this helps,
Terry Brazil

MI
Back