Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo! Search Now Powered by Bing

D

djbaxter

Yahoo! Search Now Powered by Bing
SEOBook.com
Aug 19, 2010

Pretty exciting day in search seeing Bing results live on Yahoo! Search results.

There were some questions as to what might transfer and what might stay. It seems that generally algorithmically there was roughly a 1 to 1 transfer.

Yahoo! is still showing fewer characters in their page titles than Bing does. Site links (listed below some sites) may also use different anchor text. But the core results are the same. The big exceptions to the concept of the 1:1 representation would be vertical search results, left rail navigation customizations & the inline search suggestions Bing does in their search results for popular search queries.

Read more...

If they both have the same results there is no point in having both. Eventually all users will migrate one way or the other. Its simple to understand really. Every time I post here you want to argue with me. Your worse than my wife.

I think people do have historical brand preferences. They may be the same results but they're packaged in a different portal. Doesn't AOL use Google results?

Why do different people have different home pages? Same thing.

And there's no way that I'm worse than your wife. :D

Every time I post here you want to argue with me. Your worse than my wife.

I had to laugh at this. It's good to be happy when one goes to bed.

However, I do see what was mentioned that people will go to one SE or the other.

Transition is in progress

The transition from Yahoo to Microsoft has been going on for a few months now. Has anyone noticed improved traffic on Bing spnsored search?

Google was it's own search engine, later on yahoo partnered with google to use google's search engine algorithm. Then they split and now yahoo have it's own search engine algorithm. Bings is bing and owned by microsoft with it's proprietary search engine algorithm.

Google was it's own search engine, later on yahoo partnered with google to use google's search engine algorithm. Then they split and now yahoo have it's own search engine algorithm. Bings is bing and owned by microsoft with it's proprietary search engine algorithm.

And now Yahoo and Bing have a partnership. I think you missed a year or two.

banners
Back