The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

.xxx and .nyc coming soon

temi

affiliate
ICAAN meeting in Paris is said to be close to approving new domain name extension including .xxx and .nyc amongst other domain name extensions being proposed at the meeing.

What do you think, should more domain name extension be approved?

A new land grab for internet addresses will be sparked today by the governing body for domain names — but with a minimum price tag of $100,000 (£50,000) it may not be a free-for-all.

The massive shake-up in the way that web addresses are assigned, to be approved in Paris, will mean that people can now apply for a website that ends in any collection of letters — not just the .com-type domains that have dominated the web to date.

Alphabets other than the Latin — Chinese, Arabic and Cyrillic — will also be more widely represented in websites. But the new "top-level domains" , as .com and .co.uk are known, will have a hefty price tag.

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann) , which oversees the way internet addresses are assigned, said that the new domains would cost upwards of $100,000 to register, and will require significant resources to run.

More here..

not for me. i don't have that much of cash.
i think it's US, UK, and some big countries can afford this price.
Btw, .xxx is suitable for adult site i think :D

banners
Back