The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

www or no www?

S

syndicated

Hello

In your opinion if you are backlinking - is it better to include your www or not?

Cheers

Paul

For a long domain name, I'd use non-www URL, but for a short name (less than 6 character) I'd rather use www.

Do you mean is it better to use the URL or keyword rich anchor text?

Or do you mean domain.com or www .domain.com

Tony

From the point of view of your visitors, it won't matter much. It won't change the fact that people will type in www or not. However, some people do look in the address bar and they might have a better chance of remembering your site if you don't include www at the beginning.

erm, you should also consider that google used to (and probably still does) see www. and non-www as separate domains with separate ranking. so whichever way you choose to go, be consistent and always rewrite your url via internal links

I agree about redirecting to your primary choice, it does annoy me that quite a lot of sites require you to type www_example_com and when you just use example_com you end up seeing an error page or even someone else's website in some cases of shared hosting!

ChrisB.

pick one, stick to that one (most people who link to you will use www. so I would recommend you go with that one. Then rewrite your urls via HTACCESS or Windows rewrite.

I always prefer www (not without www) for my all sites. I know few people using site without www always. Don't know why :confused:

DON.

www using always when site give WEB service, not just http, ftp and other service.

Looking for post more 9 mesages for making signature :shifty:

P.S.
Hello guys :thumbsup:

Personal preference is www but choose one, be consistent and redirect the other.
That way it doesnt matter as you get both sets of people (with and without www) and the linking is all counted for one domain so you get the best benefit.

I use www. in front of all of my domain names as i also find it a cleaner way.

I like to keep things consitant and that is what i do.

~ Mike

I always use "www" in the URLs. No special reason, just prefer it that way.
And the non-"www" visits to the URLs are properly 301 redirected to the corresponding "www" format.

MI
Back