Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
I went to a forum today where I say lots of domain names for rent, don't quite know how that will work, but would you rent a domain name ?

It doesn't sound like I would but I would have to know all of the details such as benefits for doing this so I voted Maybe because I am always open to a good idea!!

I am not sure I will put all my efforts into maketing a domain that will be going back to another person in the future.

All depends on what the domain name is.
If I was a purveyor of fine plastic implements and the domain sex.com was up for rent, it would be worth considering.
The domain would have to be popular already

Hm
I replied maybe.
It all decides on how much to rent and the quality it has been left in.
Also if you needed a short term website and you are using a low budget, i would say its necesary.

Instead of renting a domain name, I would allow someone to develop a website using my domain name and get a cut of the profits. Like a kind of parternship.
That's another way of looking at this.

I wouldn't.

One because I am not going to build up a domain name that I won't own in the end, why build it up for someone else to enjoy later.

Two, the domain name could have a bad reputation or banned on Google.

Geoserv.

I currently have a domain up for rent. Truth, it's a very good name but not sure many companies would go for something like this unless there was a buy out clause included.

I wouldn't like to rent any domain, in the end it may cause conflict. One tip, if you are about to rent a domain make sure you know the owner of the domain. I've seen many things like this go wild, and trust me it is something you would rather prefer to avoid :)

Meti

banners
Back