The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

would you sell?

smoothmarketer

affiliate
If you had a really successful internet business, would you sell it? I've heard of a number of millionaires who achieved that status partly by selling their internet businesses. I wonder whether love for a business you've started would conflict with the financial gains of selling it. What's your take?

It would depend on how much I loved the business. Personally, I love helping people so if I built some kind of medical/health related business that ended up being really successful, I probably wouldn't sell it because I'd have a passion for what I was doing. Same goes for anything art related (though I'm not as passionate about art as I am the medical field). But any other type of business I'd probably sell in a heart beat if I could get enough money for it.

I would only sell it when I didn't have enough time to commit to it anymore. If it's generating a lot of success and income, then why sell it right away? I would build up a huge fan base, get as much money as I could out of it, and then sell it to someone else when I could not devote as much of my time or services to the business at hand.

If my passion for the business were fading due to our interests (starting a family, traveling etc.) then I would consider selling it but I would want to keep earning some form of revenue from the business (ex. dividends).

I sold the first internet business I was part owner of. I didn't make millions off of it though, I made $20k off of it. I had a few shares of the company when I started with them, and if I had more I obviously would have made a lot more off the deal.

Here it will depend on circumstances. If I like and enjoy running the business, I do not see any need of selling it unless there is something behind it. However, if it is a matter of deficient funds for ensuring its operations there will be no difficult in selling it but not wholly; I may prefer renting it at certain amount per month rather than leaving it completely under the supervision of another person. Also if my interests in the business grows weak from day to day I may prefer selling it rather than renting.

What I would suggest is to sell the business at a premium and open another business with the same concept. That way, you make money and at the same time still continue doing what you like and another chance to grow with that very same concept.

I for one would never sell it, unless I am not interested in pursuing it anymore and have found a more lucrative avenue. I may sell it if I get a good price for it. What is a good price? I don't know.

Personally, I would only sell it if it was a viable decision to do so in my head! For example: I would sell it for a lot more money that I was going to make from it due to advertising and such! The world of business however is a hard place to determine so I guess you would just have to gamble and take you chances! At the end of the day a successful business can turn into an unsuccessful business within a matter of weeks!

Only for enough cash! $4000 minimum, only PR2 but a lot of work has gone into it and it should start flying up soon (I hope)

I agree with kirsty if you build a business that you love how can you sell it? The new buyer will not treat your business like you did because to them it's just a money making business. We all need money and some offers only come around once:).

If I'm very passionate about the business then I would not sell the business. When you've helped to create and develop something, and you're really passionate about it, it's going to be hard to let go. I will only do this if it's absolutely necessary.

I would sell it if it would work out for me mathematically. Also, if I sold it for cash.

My old neighbor sold his internet business right before the bust in 2000 for stock options! So he ended up disappointed by the sale. He thought he was going to be rich, but instead . . .

However, he now has the freedom to be a house husband and spend a lot of time in his garden. So he is happy, replacing one passion with another.

I view it like this. Why would I sell it, when I could outsource it and still continue to make money from it? If however I had a website that was earning me some good money, and I wanted to pursue another niche or product, I would then sell it to help kickoff my new business.

I view it like this. Why would I sell it, when I could outsource it and still continue to make money from it? If however I had a website that was earning me some good money, and I wanted to pursue another niche or product, I would then sell it to help kickoff my new business.

What if a company like Google or Microsoft offered you more money than you were going to earn from outsourcing it though? Sometimes they do that to wipe out the competition or to try and upgrade the site more so they can earn a lot more money from it!

Look at YouTube for example!

I would never sell it. If the reason would be because I already got my hands full and cant cope up to maintain it, Id hire people to help me but if hiring people just worsens everything and I knew it will result to decline, I'd sell it. :)

It would depend on circumstances. To me, work is primarily a means to an end so I think I would naturally be inclined to sell any business venture I started if the price was right. I haven't gotten deeply attached to any specific effort; they're all just ways to fund my passions (which, unfortunately, are not the revenue-producing sort!).

What if a company like Google or Microsoft offered you more money than you were going to earn from outsourcing it though? Sometimes they do that to wipe out the competition or to try and upgrade the site more so they can earn a lot more money from it!

Look at YouTube for example!

I would then base my calculations on how much money I make on average a year with my business, and if they offered me enough money until the year I was wanting to retired, I would consider it.

Otherwise, I would keep growing my business making money each and every year. Also I believe personally I would find it fun, and it would let me have something to do.

I would then base my calculations on how much money I make on average a year with my business, and if they offered me enough money until the year I was wanting to retired, I would consider it.

Otherwise, I would keep growing my business making money each and every year. Also I believe personally I would find it fun, and it would let me have something to do.

Yes, plus you have to take into account that it is a lot easier to setup a second business once you have your first one up and running! You already have a little bit of free advertising that you can do on the site and also a less limited budget!

I agree. Once you have learned all the components it takes to create an online business and make it profitable, it is always much easier and faster the 2nd and 3rd time around.

Also like you said, if you have a good reputation, you will probably have people draw to you fairly quickly because they know, like, and trust you.

banners
Back