The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Working Online at Home? Good or Bad Idea?

InfinetADs68

affiliate
Taking risks is something that happens every day in society and is a part of living. There are some risks larger than others and some risks that can be reduced or avoided. The risk of choosing to work online at home needs to have both of the pros and cons compared and researched to prevent making a chain of regretful mistakes. To support the decision of this choice a step further, considering the effects on one?s personal life and psyche must also be measured. Whichever decision is made, having some helpful tips and being prepared is crucial.
Below are some of the main Pros & Cons to reflect on:
Pros:
? Independence
? Profits are Unshared
? 100% Owner of Work Credit & Mistakes
? No Dress Code
? Save Time & Money From Daily Travel
Cons:
? No Job Security
? Never Ending Work
? Solo & Self-dependent
? Lack of Personal Life Care By Being Too Involved
? Home Becomes Office, Costs Space & Promotes Distractions
The effects of one?s personal life and psyche vary from person to person. This may mean that some of the negative effects for one person may be an advantage for another. Regardless how an individual is affected, countless studies have shown that working alone at home makes a person more likely to feel depressed and down then to be working in a social environment with others. The lack of socialization such as sharing jokes, having lunch buddies, and over-all shared talking can progress into serious emotional and psychological issues.
Some tips and tools to be prepared with would include but not limited to:
? Take Notes, Researching, & Consistently Stay Updated
? Form a Work Routine & Stay Consistent
? Create Goals & Motivational Incentives
? Make a Real Effort to Separate Business & Personal Life
? Be Social & Establish Physical Outlets (Social Groups, Sport Teams, & so on)
? Have a Plan B for Everything Possible, Including Career
? Start a Retirement Plan & Keep Pursuing It (IRA, Stocks, & so on)
The last and maybe most useful tip to always remember, is that loyalty, true friends, and family can never be bought. Keep in mind what is important in the end and cherish it!

Great post. I agree in general, except concerning the point 'No job security'.

There is never security what ever you do. 'Rien n'est jamais acquis a l'homme, ni sa force, ni sa faiblesse'

You can lost your job like you can lost your company. But, as self-employed, I can fight to save my company, I am not waiting that somebody will decide my future for me: "Hey, guy, you're fired".

Excellent post! A lot of people dream about working from home, but they generally do not understand the drawbacks and costs. The most common problem I have found with working from home is the separation of work and personal time. I have found that the easiest way to draw a line is to act as you were working in an office. Set actual work hours, designate a lunch hour, and only work at your desk. If you only work at the desk, then it is easier to walk away from work after work hours are over. Also, although there is obviously no dress code, always get dressed in the morning. Spending the day in your pajamas contributes to laziness and depression. Simply getting dressed will put you in the mindset to be productive rather than relax.

I did both, working at home and I owned also a small company for 10 years.

At home, my main problem was to overcome doubt or depress. When the thing doesn't go like you want, get delayed, some time you wake up and say "Why I continue?".

Here was my big problem. With a company, the structure of your company push you to continue...

I generally over pass it by taking 1 day off. I made the emergency then take my dogs and go out for a walk, do my favorite hobby... The next day I was in shape again.

Sometime also, it help me a lot to take my laptop, go in a place with peoples (let's say to bar) get a coffee, sit at a table and work... Just seeing peoples and not a wall...

Also go for workout is very important if you are totally alone all day with your computer.

Human like to live in 'herd'. I believe that working alone is not natural for human, so it is necessary to be very careful to be able to stand so many loneliness.

Nice post i must say,working online at home is really worth it if you really know what you are doing.Persistence pays.

I love working at home and wouldn't have it any other way. It suits my personality and work style. But many others would go nuts...so it is not for everyone.

More importantly than working at home is the ability to work on the road. I'm working from Guatemala in my tent with an internet stick. I'm starting off in this industry now and am hoping to make enough money to keep myself on the road. Living like this is it is very easy. My home is modest, I suppose.

I have been playing with the thought of working at home for a long time. What keeps me from doing it is the lack of interaction with co-workers. If you have a family or are working together with someone else might be ok, but being totally alone will drive me crazy over time...

tomsawyer,you don't have to be scared of working at home.There are so many online businesses which you can do online all by yourself one of which is affiliate marketing.You can give it a shot,well worth the time.

You are right, working from home has its ups and downs, however I still think that "ups" strongly overweigh "downs". As long as you have a daily plan and do go get out with your friends from time to time, you will be fine :)

I love working from home - I do not need to commute, have No Nasty Boss, have much more time for my family. And I do have simple and smart business, earning money, wearing Pajamas:p;)

banners
Back