The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

wordpress landing page

flamingo

affiliate
What are yalls opinions on landing pages made with wordpress? If I dont know how to code am I better off buying a landing page builder like clickfunnels?

Blogs are not good fior landing pages or eCommerce websites. A WordPress install even on a virtual server is good for a hobbyist not a professional.

WordPress is a database driven website. Each page URI is really a template with the content data read from the MySQL database server. WordPress can work fast and load many pages but you cannot use a dozen garbage plugins and unoptimized images. Show me a WordPress page that loads in under 2 seconds without 2mb of data to load and 80 DNS lookups -- there are a few; maybe 1% with generally large hardware resources and huge server bills. You can also cache the content in static HTML with a high volume and high resource hardware server.

With that all said, what is your strategy and tactics?

If you want to do programmatic advertising --buy ads and direct the clicks to your pre-lander and then to an offer's landing page -- tracking all the events that you can -- then trying to optimize the traffic to convert; the most common way to do this is with a HTML type website using some light PHP and or Javascript.

A page builder may be a solution if you can't code as much as training wheels work for people that do not know how to ride a bicycle. Trying to put rocket fuel into a cheap POS car will not help you to win the Indy 500 or a Grand Prix road race. Buying a few hundred dollars worth of advertising to a slow website will probably lose money unless you are someone with a low volume niche and a high GPR like a Lawyer, Abortion Clinic, a media buying consultancy or a B2B service organization of some kind.

If you want to create a content website about some special interest subject, and display advertising on the website, WordPress might work if it's done right and the pages load reasonably fast on a VPS, cloud or dedicated server.

If I dont know how to code am I better off buying a landing page builder like clickfunnels?

What @Graybeard said. Plus, I don't know about ClickFunnels but unless they host the lander for you, you still have to upload it to your own hosting or server. If you upload it to your WP site, you'll have the same loading time issues mentioned by Graybeard. I think.

banners
Back