The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress & Java Script

stylemangi

affiliate
Hi All,

I am looking to build a dedicated affiliate web site using wordpress as my cms. The merchant uses java script code which is to be insterted into the page before the </body> tag, and you insert the following code to set where you wish the advert to appear..<div id="ad_1"></div>.

I'm hoping to use wordpress to post articles etc and take advantage of its' natural seo' ness.

Problem is that is not easy to post java script in a wordpress post. It gets stripped out.

Does anyone have any sugegstions about how to easily implement this in wordpress?

Alternatively should I just build static html pages to host the merchants products and skin a blog to look the same?

Thanks in advance

Hi stylemangi,

I've used Java in my WP blogs in the side bar. Never tried to in an actual post.
But with WP you can also create pages which I think are just plain HTML pages.
The advantage to the pages is they will automatically match the rest of the blog based site.

For instance this is a PAGE from my blog:
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/partnercentric-blog/

I have a plug-in that displays another affiliate blog on this page, but I could also add Adsense or YPN with ic Javascript.

Scroll down on my sidebar til you see Recent Referrers:
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/

That's generated with Java too.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Go to your dashboard. Click on "Presentation". Click on "Theme Editor". Click the template you want to change. Should be labled "Main Index Template" or"Index Template". In order to modify any of thee files within WordPress you must CHMOD the files to 666.

If you're going to deploy a lot of blogs I highly recommend you pick up a copy of the Semiologic Pro WordPress CMS (http://www.semiologic.com/solutions/sem-theme-pro/). It's what most of the internet marketing community uses nowadays for setting up mass SEO'd blogs with a slew of plugins to make deployments a snap.

My Free Advertising Blog in my signature uses this CMS.

Hi stylemangi,
You're right in that WP will strip any code from a post that could be potentially harmful to the system (i.e. Javascript/PHP). This is done regardless of whether it's just a post entry or a page.

[sidenote]Linda, the WP pages - though they look similar to static HTML pages - are actually created on the fly like the post entries. The main difference is that a page will not be included in the chronological listing of the entries or in the feed.[/sidenote]

There is a plugin I know of that allows you to add blocks of code to blog entries and may be able to work for javascript, but I'm curious to know how this javascript will display. The javascript is just a single item javascript, or will it be displaying multiple products, or is it configurable somehow?

The reason I bring it up is because the last thing you would want is the entire inventory of products in a single WordPress entry. It defeats the purpose and doesn't take full advantage of WordPress' natural "seo-ness". :)

In any event, Wayne outlines a way to add Javascript using his AdSense Deluxe plugin (which can be used for far more than AdSense).

Hope that helps out and good luck!

~ Teli

banners
Back