The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Wordpress for corporate website

puddleofmud

affiliate
Hi !
I have been using wordpress for more than three years and I have build more than 30 blogs using wordpress. Now I have to make a corporate website, would it be appropriate to make it using wordpress ? Since wordpress has been positioned for blogging ? Also if you have seen a any corporate website build on wordpress please do share.

Well, I am not aware of any corporate website that is created through the WordPress platform, however, you can surely use it for creating your website. WordPress is a user-friendly platform that simplifies the adding and display of various types of content. You can also utilize the appropriate plugins for giving a professional look to your website.

I know that a lot of professional and business websites which use Wordpress. Usually, they change the URL so that it doesn't have the word 'Wordpress' in the URL - this makes it slightly less obvious that the blog has been hosted by Wordpress.

I like Wordpress because it has a variety of themes you can use, including some really professional looking ones. They're free to use too, but you can pay to install other themes if none of the free themes take your fancy. Not to mention that Wordpress is free, easy to use etc.

You could try using Wix or Blogger. I've only used Blogger so I can't vouch for Wix. However, Blogger works similarly to Wordpress; you choose a theme and can start creating content right away to build your website. On the other hand, I don't know any businesses which use Blogger as a website host - just blogs. Wix is a popular website host/builder - don't know much else about it.

Good luck!

MI
Back