The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Windows Vista and PHP Files Problem

ayushpant

affiliate
Hi,

So my laptop crashed on me completely today, and I had to get a new one. This one has Vista Premium installed in it. Let me tell you something, its been only less than 24 hours, and I've had couple of major problems so far.

First, Vista didn't recognize my Creative Zen Vision Mp3 player. Did windows update, problem solved.

Second and more devastating. I saved my link cloaking php files, and they just disappear. I downloaded some php files from my server to edit, and I can't even see them. I think its something related with file permissions, will look more into it.

The core problem is that "My PHP files are invisible in Vista, they are there in the hard drive, and not visible."

Any ideas???

This thing is driving me nuts!!! I have spent like 5 hours..there is no concrete answer anywhere..may be I should switch back to XP...I don't know..it happened at the time when I needed my cloaked links the most....:as I was 100% done with couple of my projects...damn..:(

So sorry, sooooo frustrating, I'm sure.

When I had to get a new computer recently I was really worried about having to use Vista and didn't want to switch due to all the negative stories I've heard.
Have to say I've been pleasantly surprised and really have not had any problems to speak of.

Wish I could help you ayush, but really don't have a clue.

Problem solved..still not sure how i resolved it..tried various thing..i know that i had to enable some fuctions though..if anyone elase has problems..please let me know..such a relief..php files are my life!!!

Sorry about your troubles. Did a quick search on PHP5 but could not find any Vista related issues, other than Apache server install problems.

You may want to browse this list to see if you have any additional apps that potentially may not work.

Windows Vista RTM Software Compatibility List - IeXwiki

Recently distributed Vista SP1 does NOT resolve many of these issues so I suggest sticking with XP for at least year.

I am looking to upgrade to Vista Biz 64-bit (so I can use 4gb of memory) and run Windows XP inside VMWare to use day-to-day apps.

Good luck!

banners
Back