The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will Google not count backlinks from spammy sites?

johnnight

Hi! I have a question about back links counting from Google.

Will Google won't count back links that derive from sites with being full of spamming comments?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, John - are you wondering whether Google will count backlinks that come from sites where there's lots of comment spam?

I'm not certain but to answer the question you have to consider how any search engine is going to determine relevance of the content of one page to the content of the other - and that derives from the content of the page containing a link. If your page is about, say, clothing and you obtain a link from a blog which is in the middle of a lot of other spammy links to unrelated pages, it's a mish mash of different content and probably not going to be identified as related content.

I'm sorry, John, I'm just having a tough time understanding your grammar, but it sounds like minstrel has it covered. :)

I'm not certain but to answer the question you have to consider how any search engine is going to determine relevance of the content of one page to the content of the other - and that derives from the content of the page containing a link. If your page is about, say, clothing and you obtain a link from a blog which is in the middle of a lot of other spammy links to unrelated pages, it's a mish mash of different content and probably not going to be identified as related content.

thank you so much

MI
Back