The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

WiFi vs Carrier - pin submits

craig88

I was wondering how pin submits/1/2 click mobile content conversions work when the user is connected to wifi and carrier?

I know pure carrier is much easier as they know exactly who the user is straight away so the conversion process is easier but wanted to know if the same applies when they are connected to wifi with 3g settings still on?

Reason I ask is because I'm connected to wifi most of the time and I'm assuming most people are too when browsing from their home or work?

When carrier users connected to WIFI arrive to 1-2click offers they have to do an OTP (one time password). On most phones you can't be connected to 3g/4g simultaneously as you're connected to wifi, it all depends on how to offer recognizes and what data it can collect of the user.

Most often having both wi-fi and 3G on changes nothing. Flow becomes more complicated, it needs more steps to be done. That's why wi-fi CR is usually lower than carrier. Also, many carrier-targeted offers prohibit wi-fi at all: your traffic will either be redirected somewhere else, or you will see wi-fi conversions that are not going to be paid by advertiser. The second one happens more rarely, still you can face it.
So be most careful when you decide to run wi-fi, ask you AM if offers allow it and use trafficback url option (the one we have at WapEmpire) to redirect your wi-fi traffic if you don't want clicks to go nowhere.

If the offer is any good the flow will change from 1 click to PIN Submit or something similar. Double check with you AM however as some 1 click offers only accept 3/4g traffic because the flow does not change and WiFi visitors who hit the page can't do anything.

From what i can advice, never run wifi traffic unless other wise stated in the offer. Mant advertisers do not notify when user subscribe from a pin flow. Else, you can get your self a really nice prelander where you can convince the user to select his carrier, so that you can redirect him to the best offer for that specific carrier with Pin submit.
I know this flow used to work well before, but recently it is no longer the case in many geos. So do not run this kind of offer unless you are 1000% it is super converting offer.

A Wi-Fi user has to enter his MSISDN (mobile phone number) or bank details before signing up. This is because it's impossible to automatically detect the info that is needed to bill a user who's visiting the website on a Wi-Fi connection. When the user is on a 3G or 4G connection (carrier traffic) we are able to detect their MSISDN (in most cases). This gives us the opportunity to bill the user by just a single click on the 'purchase' button.

Because Wi-Fi users need to enter their mobile phone number or bank details on the payscreen, the conversion rate will usually be lower than carrier traffic (where the conversion is just one click away). As a result, Wi-Fi traffic will generally be less valuable.

But Wi-Fi traffic isn't completely worthless, because it's still possible to get some good conversions out of Wi-Fi traffic, but in another way. Dating and Cost Per Install offers, for example, work very well on Wi-Fi connections. Wi-Fi traffic is usually more stable and faster than carrier traffic, which makes it more suitable for downloading applications.

You need a solution for both? Give me a ping on Skype. ;-)

When the user is connected via Wi-Fi the flow changes to pin submit, as the user has to introduce his/her phone number in order to subscribe.

If you have any other doubt, don't hesitate to contact me )

banners
Back