The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why your Google rankings drop and what you can do about it

From what I've seen, fresh content daily is the best to help with this but those reasons do explain a few things.

Add a one new article to your site every 2 days for two weeks. Also ping your site once a week. That way the search engines will pick up your post or updates.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I post articles to my site. One every two days for 2 weeks. I also ping my site at least once a week by hand to make sure I see it get pinged.

It is essential to have a website that is regularly updated. This factor is as important as the use of unique content. Along with unique content it is also essential to make the right use of keywords to get the best results.

It?s going to take a while to recover from changing your permalink structure. You need to get some new links for your site and get rid of the PLR stuff. After the PLR stuff is gone I would add some more original content!

Minstrel,

you put it right on point all of these reasons, google will drop a sites rankings my rankigs had dropped because I slowed down on building baacklinks

Some great Saint Dr.Matt Cutts :p said once "Search engine optimization is like a stream of fresh water. As long as information is flowing from one end to another you remain active in search engine listings. The moment this flow stops, your site becomes stale and does not receive any attention from search engines. :D

I agree with you, that we should always use quality, useful and unique contain to improve your Google Ranking.

I liked the information provided in that article. I just wanted to mention that new content is very important. The more indexed pages the better ranking. But on the other hand not everyone can post an article per day. It depends on your goals, if your are blogging full time or part time. In any case 2 articles per week I think is a good rythm.

Very good article, very informative! I also think that the most important issue in any marketing campaign is new content which is always updating. I guess it?s the most important thing to think about for any seo. If the content of your website is interesting and up-to-date it will bring many new visitors to your website and boost the traffic.

Unique content will always be king. Google can never get enough of it. Many sites like Wikipedia rank very high in the SERPs organically for a reason. They have a team of great writers. They don't even have to build links,but if they did everyone would have a huge challenge. I think that they are a great model.

The frequency with which you post an article on your site is important, it shows that you just want to keep your readers informed and your site is relevant to spread information to the world. Search engines would think that it's important people to read it every day, so the crawling frequency will increase and it will rank well in the serps.

My rankings dropped these past few weeks and I heard of over optimization penalty, but my sites have good and valuable content, not sure why they were hit. Thank for shedding some light on this issue, good read!

Google rankings depend on several factors. All I know is those factors will change every year. Bringing quality links is good for the rankings however I have heard that buying and exchanging links might get your rankings drop.:confused:

Thanks for the informative article by the way.

There are no rules, per se. You don't need a blog to rank if you already have a site, but if your site IS a blog you do need to create fresh content to keep feeding Google and Bing.

its often dependent on changes in the goggle algorhythm. Links that were at one point deemed to have powerful SEO strength may be subject to lose it, your right too Minstrel all of those 5 points will also have strong effects on SERP.

May I simply say what a relief to find someone who truly understands what they are talking about on the web. You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people have to check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you're not more popular given that you most certainly possess the gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back