The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why you have to go for mobile this year?

Mobidea

affiliate
According to our sources, with a worldwide coverage of 4.77 billion users – as projected to the end of 2017, and which will rise to 5.07 billion in 2019 – we see that Mobile Phones are a key piece of around 70% of the world’s population.

Ever since 2013, where the mobile user base was around $4.01 billion, we’ve noticed a growth of 16% until today, whereas 6% is what’s actually expected to increase until 2019. Still, the numbers are great.

Even so, the most incredible fact is the budget advertisers are allocating to the mobile ad market. By 2016, around $101.4 billion were spent in advertising, an increase of 430% comparing to 2013, while estimates show a growth to $195.55 billion until 2019.

This, fellow affiliates, is why we’re focusing on mobile! The gold is there to be mined. And according to the stats of known source eMarketer, Mobile actually accounted for more than 63% (more than two thirds!) of the whole digital spendings in 2016.

Moreover, we now know that Digital advertising is pretty close (if it isn’t already) to being the number one way of ad promotion, ahead of television, the eternal champ.

So how do you make money in this business? How do you make it rain like there’s no tomorrow?

Working with Mobile Content!

Mobile content is one of the biggest verticals and will continue to be one of the superpowers in affiliate marketing. It presents a number of services provided by advertisers the user can subscribe to (Cost per acquisition – CPA) or install on their phone (Cost per install – CPI).

And the most popular are Utility apps, Sweepstakes, Antivirus, Games, Gambling, Dating, Travel, Adult and Mainstream VOD (Video on Demand), eCommerce and Finance. Mobile is the future! It’s big, getting bigger and making some serious dough!

The global market is expected to grow even more. The mobile marketing market is growing rapidly because of the impressive number of mobile phone users, high internet speed, and increasing use of mobile web and mobile applications.

Not just that, but taking 2014 as a base year – for example – Mobile in-app ads are growing at about 60 percent a year. They’re even expected to surpass PC online display ad revenue by 2017, according to a report by market researchers IDC and AppAnnie.

For companies that switch business models which are willing to adapt, the results can be very positive.

Electronic Arts switched from a paid model to free-to-play when it launched Real Racing 3, a mobile racing game. The popularity of the app and its revenues skyrocketed.

In other words, the mobile revolution affects every country, from Tier 1 countries down to Tier 3 countries.

Where to get Mobile Traffic? Where to meet New Partners of Mobile Affiliate Marketing? Is there a place for innovation? Get to know in the original version of this article at Mobidea Academy!

And what do you guys think about Mobile Affiliate Marketing lately?

Awesome article Mobidea!

My three Favorite traffic sources are search, facebook, and mobile,

secondary are Native, PPV, Pop.

Thanks for the great info and stats on mobile. :eek::D:affiliatefix:

CPA Networks need to make SDKs for app developers.

App Developers all over are being taken to the cleaners, Almost every mobile SDK Ad network is completely screwing over app developers by giving them basically less then a penny per click. Then those same networks charge 3-10cents or more for the same click they just paid the developer 0.00005 cents for. It's disgusting and making it extremely hard to be profitable with apps now.

I've been in mobile for years, and back when I started in 2011 you could make decent money from a million impressions a day, now in 2017 you need to send 5-10x more volume to make the same or less then you did years ago, it's pretty disappointing. Good eCPM doesn't exist anymore because almost every ad network is greedy these days in order to keep share holders etc happy

Back then 100k DAU made you amazing money (Top 1% earner), Now 100k DAU barely makes you enough to survive, it's brutal.

@appsmarket I agree with you in some points. Generally speaking, the world of Affiliate Marketing is getting more complicated, and there is the most obvious reason for this - users have seen this all. People get used to ads appearing everywhere, and loose trust due to some of those that do fraud and spam. This is a really hot topic right now - where to go next, and unfortunately - nobody knows.

All we can do is to analyze past and current experience, and try to make predictions :)

@appsmarket I agree with you in some points. Generally speaking, the world of Affiliate Marketing is getting more complicated, and there is the most obvious reason for this - users have seen this all. People get used to ads appearing everywhere, and loose trust due to some of those that do fraud and spam. This is a really hot topic right now - where to go next, and unfortunately - nobody knows.

All we can do is to analyze past and current experience, and try to make predictions :)

yeah i agree, it's why i've been moving away from ad networks with SDK's that pay eCPM and moving more towards CPA, I'd rather get paid for a lead then make next to nothing for thousands of clicks, a lot of ad networks are dealing with fraud on a large scale and it ends up hurting legitimate developers

Thank you, Mobidea for interesting information!
That's a fact.
A person spends 86% of the time on mobile applications and only 14% on a mobile site. Not surprisingly, because Mobile applications are convenient. Most people use mobile applications on a daily basis. A very important note on conversion. According to statistics, mobile users' conversion is lower (0.9%), compared to the usual web site (3%), but this figure is growing towards mobile applications.

Its logicaly thread as now people use smarthphones to go to internet .Going mobile you have a lot of oportunities

MI
Back