The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Why would 2400 users go to App Store and NOT install the App?

A few considerations (I am not a media buyer, but an Account Manager dealing with media buyers, maybe helps from another point of view :) )

- what is the rating of the app?
- is the offer global? (if most of the clicks are coming from developing countries connection might be bad and stop the download, given it's 8MB)
- is it display traffic or redirects?
- is the app wide spread? (maybe people are downloading the app, but had it in the past already

Hey Clemens, thanks for your feedback!

- The app had a rating of 4.5
- It wasn't global, but limited to a developing country and yeah that could explain it on some level. Wifi was definitely working better than carrier traffic.
- It was display traffic.
- The app was pretty wide spread, so yes that could be a reason. The market might be getting saturated already. When I looked into the sites running my ads, I could see others with the same offer and I decided it was time to move on. So I did!

Much appreciated :)

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking that Keyword Targeting may play a role in this low conversion. However, I too have Free downloads on offer, perfectly Targeted, and took quite a while to gain momentum. Today, these are some of my best converters and are gathering email addresses daily.

Just because you park in a neighborhood, with an ice cream truck and a sign saying "Free Ice Cream" - Doesn't necessarily mean everyone wants ice cream at that moment. They may not be home, so just wait until they are...just a theory.

I agree with captain47, the competition is Fierce in Affiliate Marketing. Besides, it's one of the Fastest Growing Online Activities. Ever noticed how you see the same products over and over just with a different pitch? Affiliate Marketing is an Art, not a Race. And driving Converting traffic (Both Paid & Free Traffic) is a Skill you will only acquire over a lengthy period of time, it's Not a Contest. I think you simply just have to keep going until you succeed, I know I did.

If you want to Know which Traffic are good, and which are fake generated robot visits, I use a simple equation. If the Visitors don't show in your link cloaking analytic page, and/or your Affiliate account analytic page, then it's fake. Focus on "Order Page Impressions", robots do Not give you order form impressions. I also discuss this in my latest Blog.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
D

Thanks for the feedback D, I am trying to keep my campaigns running even when they are not converting. Testing new angles every day. Lately I read stories on how it worked out for some people.

Fingers Crossed.

You're on the right path. Some people wait patiently on success, others find success and beat it mercilessly into submission...lol! What you put in, is what you will ultimately get out. And, judging by your reply, you're just as stubborn as I am... Allow me to share one of my latest Blogs, sharing some Newbie tips and "tricks" - #Affiliate Marketing - #LinkedIn Traffic #Conversion

Regards,
D

Thanks for your kind words sir!

Alot of the time you will see conversions come in late from install offers. I have lots of pubs running them and some were having this issue. It's because the mobile users already have this app installed or they have installed it and forgot about it and did not open it. Now some of them offers the users need to get to level 5 if its a game. Some also want users to complete something in the app before it will convert. Make sure you check the info on the offer before promoting it. Also using older app install offers is not a good thing cause everyone already got the app or has seen it. My pubs are having best luck with the newest apps I add they push them right away when they are new and they convert great!

Alot of the time you will see conversions come in late from install offers. I have lots of pubs running them and some were having this issue. It's because the mobile users already have this app installed or they have installed it and forgot about it and did not open it. Now some of them offers the users need to get to level 5 if its a game. Some also want users to complete something in the app before it will convert. Make sure you check the info on the offer before promoting it. Also using older app install offers is not a good thing cause everyone already got the app or has seen it. My pubs are having best luck with the newest apps I add they push them right away when they are new and they convert great!

This was long time ago, actually my first ever campaign. It was just install and open.

I have seen that even though conversions come at a later time, 90% of it comes within hours and then its a steady flow (after the first couple of hours). Of course if you pause the campaign, they will keep coming for another couple of hours, but the installs that come days and weeks later are way less 5% of the total installs.

Well I have yet to try this network. They recommend a $500 test budget over the course of 2 weeks. Maybe your tracking is off? Seems a little weird that 2400 clicks = 0 CV. 50% of clicks are accidental that leaves 1200. But on other hand $100 is still too small. The aggregator cant even start to pump traffic when it has to stop already. By looking at the stats on their planner, it seems they have a shitload of traffic...
Test other affiliate networks. Maybe other related offers... or drop it incase the competition is wayy too much.
help to know profitable affiliate networks to work with

banners
Back