The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Graybeard

Because it's information for the reading impaired?
Maybe, because people are basically lazy and want to be spoon-fed their information?

Anyway, what is is the way it is ....

Study: 85% of millennials have purchased a product after watching a video
>>>
Dive Brief:
  • Seventy-six percent of consumers and 85% of millennials, defined as people age 18-34, say they’ve purchased a product or service after watching a video, according to Brightcove’s “2018 Video Marketing Survey.” The September survey of more than 4,000 adults was done with market research firm YouGov.
  • Video was the most memorable form of content for 21% of consumers and 29% of millennials. Video ranked higher than display ads at 13%, email marketing at 9%, case studies at 4% and text ads at 2%. Forty-five percent of all consumers and 56% of millennials find video more engaging than other formats. Video is the preferred form of brand and marketing communication for 36% of consumers overall and 46% of millennials.
  • Other findings include 53% of consumers and 66% of millennials say they’ve engaged with a brand after watching a video on social media, with 20% saying they visited a brand’s website and 20% conducting more research. Fifty-six percent of consumers enjoy seeing videos for personal electronics, 52% for household appliances, 48% for tools, 47% for software, 35% for clothing and makeup, and 27% for personal care.
<<<

Yes, videos are getting more and more popular in every aspect. With fb launching the Live option a while ago I think videos became even more trendy. I personally prefer to read the info/ad/etc, as strange as it may sound :) Its just that being a fats reader for me its the better option, as most videos are very slow. But I don't think its laziness with all people that prefer to watch a video - in some fields, the visualizations are easier to comprehend on a cognitive level. Also, they do have a bigger influence on the imagination - when people read, the things they read about appear in their minds subconsciously. And moving pictures are directly visualizing the said object (feeling, etc) thus pushing people to make more associations, to relate the product to themselves in a more powerful way. There is also the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, so for moving ones, the worth is maybe bigger :)
In some cases a video lets you express more, in more intriguing and creative way - you just have more tools to use, like special lighting, atmosphere, the visual of the product, and more, which all are very important for creating the needed desire in the audience.

banners
Back