The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Ugly Website Design Often Converts (Better)

D

Dispply

Hi everyone!

Recently there been quite many questions about landings. Do you need them? What should be there? Etc

So I've decided to post here quite interesting article about landings and how to make them convert.

lift-model.png

The clearer and more relevant your value proposition, the better your conversion rate will be.

Conversely, the more distractions and anxiety (that the visitor feels), the lower your conversion rate will be.

Urgency is a final factor that can propel your conversions higher and faster.

When we look at website design, it only affects 3 of these:

1. Clarity
  2. Anxiety
  3. Distraction
Urgency can be reflected by design, but is mostly driven by your offer and copywriting.

Relevance is dictated by the visitors you are attracting, and how you’re presenting your offer (your “pitch”).

For more read over here: Why Ugly Website Design Often Converts (Better)

Hi everyone!

Recently there been quite many questions about landings. Do you need them? What should be there? Etc

So I've decided to post here quite interesting article about landings and how to make them convert.

lift-model.png

The clearer and more relevant your value proposition, the better your conversion rate will be.

Conversely, the more distractions and anxiety (that the visitor feels), the lower your conversion rate will be.

Urgency is a final factor that can propel your conversions higher and faster.

When we look at website design, it only affects 3 of these:

1. Clarity
  2. Anxiety
  3. Distraction
Urgency can be reflected by design, but is mostly driven by your offer and copywriting.

Relevance is dictated by the visitors you are attracting, and how you’re presenting your offer (your “pitch”).

For more read over here: Why Ugly Website Design Often Converts (Better)
Thanks a lot for the guide. We are always disturbed by the fact that we have over years been able to spent a lot of money on the design of website hoping that it will lead to greater convert. An add up to that is just to let you know that proper web design is just one of the very many ways of conversion. from the article above, I have been able to learn more when it comes to landing pages that have proper distraction. It will help you a lot since cosnsistent distraction leads to attraction and attraction to conversion.

According to you, "Why Ugly Website Design Often Converts (Better)"

i think those admins are more focused at their technical staffs than design, thus converting better.

thanks.

Good stuff. Although anxiety can often be used to seal the deal...fear of missing out and creating a sense of urgency are elements that can induce anxiety and drive a sale.

Good stuff. Although anxiety can often be used to seal the deal...fear of missing out and creating a sense of urgency are elements that can induce anxiety and drive a sale.
This is so true. I went on a shopping spree yesterday on steam. I have not purchased games in years except for one.
When I saw the sales and then saw the timer ... I got anxious and well ... I overspent. :oops:

This is so true. I went on a shopping spree yesterday on steam. I have not purchased games in years except for one.
When I saw the sales and then saw the timer ... I got anxious and well ... I overspent. :oops:

Yes...this stuff is so powerful even affiliate marketers are at risk!

Great post. I do not call it ugly, but i will use word poor. Websites which are not impressive visually, are likely to have their spent of building potential product, that turns out be the better conversion than eye-candy websites. Take Craigslist as example, there are many great looking classified sites out there, but they are not close enough to compete Craigslist in value. :D

banners
Back