The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why the Search Engines Love Me, and How to Make Them Love You Too

jjarrett

Like as not, the dominant search engine is Google. After that, there are only three other search engines to concern yourself with: Yahoo, Bing, and Exactseek. Since Bing now provides search results for Yahoo, all you need to do is sign up for a free account with Bing, submit your sitemap, and then leave the rest to them.

Exactseek lets you pick up all those little search engines that can get you traffic. You can submit to Exactseek and get included, pay $36 a year and be included in everything. Small price to pay for so many sites, and it allows you to test your offers on the cheap.

With Google, you also want to submit a sitemap. I know some SEOs will tell you to get your link on an authority site and then let Google index you. If you don't mind waiting months that's fine, but it's bad advice, and so don't do it. Submit your sitemap. I get indexed in hours and sometimes less than that.

Once you submit your sitemaps to these sites, leave it. Check your analytics once in awhile but otherwise don't mess with it. Fix any problems you have and move on.

When your site has been indexed, head over to Alexa and read the stats about your site. It will tell you what words people are using to find you. Capitalize on that.

Keyword Research

I don't spend money on keyword tools. It's a waste of money if you ask me. Use the keyword tools on the site you are targeting. They have access to internal intelligence no one else has. Go to the source.

As for keyword research, look for keywords that don't have a lot of competition but that doesn't mean you can't use high competition keywords. Write content around related keywords and build your site. Google reads your content and indexes accordingly. Don't use any cheap tricks or black hat techniques. If you do, and you get banned, you won't ever get back in. Google is very unforgiving.

The most important concept to know about right now is Google Authorship. Connect your content. Google does the rest.

The shortcut here for ranking at the top is to use authority sites. When I was advertising my webinar I posted it on a high traffic ticket site. Within one day, that site ranked #1 for the search term, and it was my content. Rank your content. Mine's pretty good. If it weren't so many people wouldn't steal it. ;)

Go to Google Adwords Keyword tool and make a list around your related term. Weed out what you can't use and write content around the rest. Don't just put that content on your site. Get it into the top 50 articles directories. Some require unique articles. Some will allow you to reuse your articles. Do a search for top 50 article directories and bookmark it.

DUPLICATE CONTENT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. EYEBALLS ARE.

Reread that again. Duplicate content is the concern of the directory owner. Not you. You want your content everywhere that it is read. Google has never bought anything from me. People do, and if they stumble across your article, go to your site and buy something, you have gold. There is no penalty for duplicate content of this nature. If there were, the search engines wouldn't index each other or news sites for that matter.

My number one marketing technique is article marketing. Always has been. Always will be, and I make a lot of money from it. If you haven't upgraded to the Dojo, best to get in now because I'm about to spill my secrets.

What makes me an expert? I get read everywhere. I get published everywhere. I write articles for pay, and I write articles for promotion. I worked for Article Marketer, and I learned from the best.

Questions? Throw them out there. I'll answer. Been really busy lately. No recession in my house.

Best of luck to you. My opinion, but I've been doing this a long time, and what I am telling you works.

Jinger

Very nice post Jinger, how do you make sure your sites are in line with google authorship?

Between this and Jay Wessum's posts, we all have a pretty solid blueprint. I had never even heard of Exactseek. lol

Submitting a sitemap is no longer necessary to get indexed in Google. If for example, you have a large website, or you have structured your website in a way that makes it difficult for search spiders to crawl it then a sitemap is important. I do agree with Google + authorship, however I have yet to implement it myself.

Submitting a sitemap is no longer necessary to get indexed in Google. If for example, you have a large website, or you have structured your website in a way that makes it difficult for search spiders to crawl it then a sitemap is important. I do agree with Google + authorship, however I have yet to implement it myself.

Really? How about for things like webtools etc?

Really? How about for things like webtools etc?

Yes. You can speed up the process by building some backlinks, which is faster than the sitemap method or just waiting around on Google to index you, but I really don't bother worrying about it. I just build my websites and keep adding content, backlinks, etc. and Google will come around within 2-3 days - sometimes 1.

banners
Back