The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why Google is not allowed for some offers?

bikabon

I'm reading the terms of service of an affilite offer, and found the following:

[B]Affiliates are forbidden to run ads on Google Adwords (or any Google property) under any and all circumstances. Google is not allowed regardless of intended use of specific keywords. NO GOOGLE.[/B] Affiliates running PPC campaigns on other networks are prohibited from bidding on "x" based keywords. In other words, your keywords can not include the words "x" alone or in any combination of other words (this includes keywords including the word "review"). Further to this, affiliates are also not allowed to use the terms "x" in their pay per click ads.

It seems, they allow Bing but not Google, I wonder why.

They do not want you to overbid their trade name or select keywords --and drive up their Google Ads expense.
This is very common today.
The problem is most offer owners will just forbid bidding on their trade name, but this guy is the first one I see who forbids the whole Google traffic.

Why is that a problem?
I always try to find out if there's any hidden secret when an abnormal thing happens. In this case, no people forbid the whole Google paid traffic, but the owner does, I just thought there might be something I don't see but he sees.

Who cares. You cannot do anything about it --move on --you have a bad case of shiny object syndrome --micro-analyzing what does not matter in the big picture. Very easy to do. I find myself distracted also.
try to find out if there's any hidden secret when an abnormal thing happens.
It's not that unusual either. Just avoid businesses with 'strange' restrictions --they are 99% of the time 'strange' people to enter any business relationship with. I read affiliate agreements, and their terms and conditions, and 80%+ of the time --take a walk. The terms are unilateral and not negotiable --or they are not worth the time to try to get it in writing and enforce the addendum in a foreign nation's courts.

I don't negotiate with idiots --total waste of time --I walk and so does my money and efforts. If they want my efforts they can come back crawling offering better terms or they don't. So be it.

MI
Back