The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why Do So Many People Fail In Affiliate Marketing?

WealthyAffiliateSolutions

affiliate
More and more people are lured into Affiliate Marketing and you might be one of them. Indeed, Affiliate Marketing is one of the most effective means of generating a full-time income through the Internet. It’s a fair deal between the merchandiser and his affiliates as both will benefit from each sale.

Like any other kind of business, a great deal of the profit in Affiliate Marketing depends on the affiliate’s advertising, promoting and selling strategies. Every day, as the Affiliate Marketing industry expands and competition gets tougher, so an Affiliate Marketer must be creative enough to employ unique and effective ways to convince potential buyers to purchase the products and services offered.

Affiliate Programs Are More Effective, Risk-free and Cost-efficient.

Compared to traditional advertising practices, Affiliate Programs are more effective, risk-free and cost-efficient. But why do many people still fail in affiliate marketing?

There are a lot of reasons and a lot of areas in the program to look into. The most critical aspect to consider with the affiliate program is advertising. Many Affiliate Marketers fail in this aspect because they do not put in the hard work, which is the most important thing in affiliate marketing, as is needed with any other kind of business.

Don't rely on luck! Affiliate Marketing isn’t as simple as directing customers to your website site. If you want to earn substantial income you must invest time and a great deal of work in promoting the products.

As mentioned earlier, the competition is very high and customers these day are very wise, too.

After all, who doesn’t want to get the best purchase? In other words, everybody wants to pay less and get more in terms of quantity and quality!

Lack Of Preparation.

Lack of preparation is also a reason why many people fail in Affiliate Marketing, whether it be the merchandiser or the affiliate. Part of the preparation is researching. On the part of the merchant, they are highly selective in choosing the right affiliate websites for their affiliate program.

In order to be sure, the merchants do their homework before they make a decision as to whether you are a good fit to sell their product or service! The affiliate site’s visitors must match their targeted customers.

On the other hand, you the Affiliate Marketer must also do your research, making sure for example, they are going to pay you! Is it a product you would buy? Have you tested the product? Does the product convert? What is the Return On Investment? And more...

You must ensure that the merchants’ products and services match the niche you are working with.

You can get valuable information by joining affiliate forums, such as this one, comparing different affiliate programs and reading articles on Affiliate Marketing where you might get tips from experienced Affiliate Marketers on how to choose the best merchants and products with the highest conversion rates.

Your Website Is A Very Important Tool.

Your website is a very important tool in the whole affiliate program. As an Affiliate Marketer, you should plan how your site is going to look, starting with the domain name to the design, the lay-out, the content, and how many ads are going to appear on your site.

Some users are particular about what they see at first glance, so when they find your site and it's ugly, they will quickly disappear for ever!

99.99999% of the time all your visitor wants is information. Anything you have for sale is not their 'top of mind'. Affiliate Marketers with “rich-content” web sites are usually the ones who prosper in this business because the content will attract more traffic to the site.

Websites with high quality content, with relevant keywords and more importantly, rich and relevant information about the product they are seeking information about, will be the websites that ultimately will be the winners!

Your visitors will buy, but you have to give give give and give some more!

If you can't sustain the interest of the person who has found your website, you certainly won’t be able to convince them to buy your product!

No click on the buy button means no sale which means no income for you!

Selecting a Top Level Domain.

Selecting a top level domain name is also crucial to the success of your affiliate program. Many affiliate sites don’t appear in the search engine results because they are deemed by Affiliate Managers as personal sites.

Major search engines and directories will consider your site as transient...they won’t list it in the directory. Before you decide on the domain name, first know what you are going to promote.

Many fail because their sites are not appropriately named, so even when they feature the exact product or service the customer is looking for, the customer might think the site is not relevant and they won’t even bother to visit your site!

Above all, as an Affiliate Marketer you must be willing to learn more. I know it's never ending, however you should aim to educate yourself as much as you can. The Affiliate Marketing landscape changes everyday! It is imperative to stay as up to date as you possibly can.

Many fail because they simply do not treat their internet marketing business as a serious business. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you have a website you have created some sort of money making machine!

It is your JOB and like any JOB you will have to be prepared to work for every cent you.

Conclusion.

Keep on trying...don’t get disappointed if your first attempts do not pay off.

There are literally thousands if not tens of thousands of people who are attracted by the possibility of generating skyrocketing incomes through Affiliate Marketing.

So they sign up with any Affiliate Program without carefully understanding every aspect of the business. When they don’t get instant results, they quit and sign up for another program and repeat the process of just copying links and referring them to others. And fail again...

THIS IS NOT AN OPTION FOR YOU!

When you sign up for an Affiliate Program, don’t expect to get rich overnight. Work on your advertising strategies and be patient. You’ll never know how far you can go or how much you can succeed if you don’t persevere.

NEVER GIVE UP!

Signing up in any affiliate marketing is just a start but the works to be able to fulfill financial freedom does not happen overnight. It may not promise people to get rich instantly but the fruit of labor can be rewarding. Thanks for sharing your insights.

Julius Arevalo

Affiliate marketing is not that easy as it seems to be from outside. I am new in affiliate program (only 40 days) and every day i try to learn more about it . i have my website and doing SEO. every thing is going good but one thing i understand is it will take time and hard work to get success in affiliate marketing.
Thanx for sharing the information

Nice piece of information.

About Affiliate marketing, It looks really easy but in fact it is not. You need to learn everyday, know what happens in the market. You have to invest allot of time but also money. And I think that is the hardest thing about it. Investing money. Don't be scared and don't give up when you are not making profit.

What I learned from my Affiliate experience:
Do not invest more money than you are ready to lose. Select a fixed amount and adjust morally to the loss of these funds in case of failure. Do not use credit funds.
You must be patient and don't give up! ;)

Great piece of info!
However, some offers are easier to promote than others and of course, practice makes perfect - choose a product that you know that you can sell and do tests. Eventually, you will learn how to earn some big money through affiliation.

That its quality post .I also made this mistakes of thnking in terms of sales ,i was working hard everyday and i was pushing links on yt videos etc and this not work .People are smart and they must get value from you .Think in terms of helping people ,Affiliate marketing its not easy

As someone sitting on the other side of the table (Affiliate Management) I have found myself echoing a lot of the same ideas to pubs I'm working with - and I've only been on the job a few weeks!

Great advice and breakdown of what realistic expectations should look like.

I have been promoting affiliate / CPA offers for nearly 17 years.

However, I do things quite differently.

I promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. The main reason is that no credit card / purchase is required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require a sale to be made.

I drive traffic to the offers by acquiring fresh / targeted 3rd party email data. Which is data that the users have shown an interest in a specific niche (PPL offer) and have provided permission to receive messages from third parties. I get the opt-in record of all users and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

The above is really part of a data monetization system, in that I monetize the targeted data using relative PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions ($$$) and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Of course, it's not as simple as stated, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that may be a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and the ability to effectively manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

Something to think about.

Form my prospective, there are another challenges a newbie has to face.
  1. Find a good mentor
  2. Find a good teaching program, forum (like this one), ect.
  3. Find reliable partners (on the affiliate side, as well on the network side)
  4. Don`t get to greedy, especially when you get the bigger commissions
  5. Be always on top of your projects
  6. Be consistent
  7. and finally be careful - there are a lot scammers out there
Most people disregard one of this points and then they fail and give up.

One additional note about the last point. There are tons of "we-make-you-rich-in-1-week-or-faster-programs" on the web. Let me give you an advise: Ignore them!! You can also trash 90% (not all are bad) of the WSO on the warriorforum (hope that is okay that I mentioned the forum). They only make the person rich who offers it.

Just my 2 cents

More and more people are lured into Affiliate Marketing and you might be one of them. Indeed, Affiliate Marketing is one of the most effective means of generating a full-time income through the Internet. It’s a fair deal between the merchandiser and his affiliates as both will benefit from each sale.

Like any other kind of business, a great deal of the profit in Affiliate Marketing depends on the affiliate’s advertising, promoting and selling strategies. Every day, as the Affiliate Marketing industry expands and competition gets tougher, so an Affiliate Marketer must be creative enough to employ unique and effective ways to convince potential buyers to purchase the products and services offered.

Affiliate Programs Are More Effective, Risk-free and Cost-efficient.

Compared to traditional advertising practices, Affiliate Programs are more effective, risk-free and cost-efficient. But why do many people still fail in affiliate marketing?

There are a lot of reasons and a lot of areas in the program to look into. The most critical aspect to consider with the affiliate program is advertising. Many Affiliate Marketers fail in this aspect because they do not put in the hard work, which is the most important thing in affiliate marketing, as is needed with any other kind of business.

Don't rely on luck! Affiliate Marketing isn’t as simple as directing customers to your website site. If you want to earn substantial income you must invest time and a great deal of work in promoting the products.

As mentioned earlier, the competition is very high and customers these day are very wise, too.

After all, who doesn’t want to get the best purchase? In other words, everybody wants to pay less and get more in terms of quantity and quality!

Lack Of Preparation.

Lack of preparation is also a reason why many people fail in Affiliate Marketing, whether it be the merchandiser or the affiliate. Part of the preparation is researching. On the part of the merchant, they are highly selective in choosing the right affiliate websites for their affiliate program.

In order to be sure, the merchants do their homework before they make a decision as to whether you are a good fit to sell their product or service! The affiliate site’s visitors must match their targeted customers.

On the other hand, you the Affiliate Marketer must also do your research, making sure for example, they are going to pay you! Is it a product you would buy? Have you tested the product? Does the product convert? What is the Return On Investment? And more...

You must ensure that the merchants’ products and services match the niche you are working with.

You can get valuable information by joining affiliate forums, such as this one, comparing different affiliate programs and reading articles on Affiliate Marketing where you might get tips from experienced Affiliate Marketers on how to choose the best merchants and products with the highest conversion rates.

Your Website Is A Very Important Tool.

Your website is a very important tool in the whole affiliate program. As an Affiliate Marketer, you should plan how your site is going to look, starting with the domain name to the design, the lay-out, the content, and how many ads are going to appear on your site.

Some users are particular about what they see at first glance, so when they find your site and it's ugly, they will quickly disappear for ever!

99.99999% of the time all your visitor wants is information. Anything you have for sale is not their 'top of mind'. Affiliate Marketers with “rich-content” web sites are usually the ones who prosper in this business because the content will attract more traffic to the site.

Websites with high quality content, with relevant keywords and more importantly, rich and relevant information about the product they are seeking information about, will be the websites that ultimately will be the winners!

Your visitors will buy, but you have to give give give and give some more!

If you can't sustain the interest of the person who has found your website, you certainly won’t be able to convince them to buy your product!

No click on the buy button means no sale which means no income for you!

Selecting a Top Level Domain.

Selecting a top level domain name is also crucial to the success of your affiliate program. Many affiliate sites don’t appear in the search engine results because they are deemed by Affiliate Managers as personal sites.

Major search engines and directories will consider your site as transient...they won’t list it in the directory. Before you decide on the domain name, first know what you are going to promote.

Many fail because their sites are not appropriately named, so even when they feature the exact product or service the customer is looking for, the customer might think the site is not relevant and they won’t even bother to visit your site!

Above all, as an Affiliate Marketer you must be willing to learn more. I know it's never ending, however you should aim to educate yourself as much as you can. The Affiliate Marketing landscape changes everyday! It is imperative to stay as up to date as you possibly can.

Many fail because they simply do not treat their internet marketing business as a serious business. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you have a website you have created some sort of money making machine!

It is your JOB and like any JOB you will have to be prepared to work for every cent you.

Conclusion.

Keep on trying...don’t get disappointed if your first attempts do not pay off.

There are literally thousands if not tens of thousands of people who are attracted by the possibility of generating skyrocketing incomes through Affiliate Marketing.

So they sign up with any Affiliate Program without carefully understanding every aspect of the business. When they don’t get instant results, they quit and sign up for another program and repeat the process of just copying links and referring them to others. And fail again...

THIS IS NOT AN OPTION FOR YOU!

When you sign up for an Affiliate Program, don’t expect to get rich overnight. Work on your advertising strategies and be patient. You’ll never know how far you can go or how much you can succeed if you don’t persevere.

NEVER GIVE UP!
People now a days just sign up and think that they have done what was nedd to be done and now money will flow like anything but they do forget the persistence and the hardwork that was done by so many great affiliate marketers.Although this post is super awesome and keep enlightining us.

People now a days just sign up and think that they have done what was nedd to be done and now money will flow like anything but they do forget the persistence and the hardwork that was done by so many great affiliate marketers.Although this post is super awesome and keep enlightining us.

Agreed! I see quite a bit that people think this is some kind of get rich quick scheme that requires little to no work or time on a day to day basis. FALSE!

Maybe years down the road, once you have built up a large and reliable network and a company around it. Then, again MAYBE, you can delegate to managers and partners you have had a longer and stronger relationship with. But you know what that looks exactly the same as: EVERY OTHER SMALL BUSINESS AND START UP EVER!

Make no mistake, this is WORK. Work that can definitely allow for more freedom than a typical 40 hour 9-5 and in my mind more fun.

This isn't some Field of Dreams industry, if you build it, and build it well, then maintain it, and do your research; then and only then will the commissions come.

Form my prospective, there are another challenges a newbie has to face.
  1. Find a good mentor
  2. Find a good teaching program, forum (like this one), ect.
  3. Find reliable partners (on the affiliate side, as well on the network side)
  4. Don`t get to greedy, especially when you get the bigger commissions
  5. Be always on top of your projects
  6. Be consistent
  7. and finally be careful - there are a lot scammers out there
Most people disregard one of this points and then they fail and give up.

One additional note about the last point. There are tons of "we-make-you-rich-in-1-week-or-faster-programs" on the web. Let me give you an advise: Ignore them!! You can also trash 90% (not all are bad) of the WSO on the warriorforum (hope that is okay that I mentioned the forum). They only make the person rich who offers it.

Just my 2 cents

Solid advice!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." - Winston Churchill

I would also add in Affiliate Marketing :D there's loads of competition, so you need to hustle

banners
Back