The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why did you start a blog?

Hello Oliver, thanks for having me for this round of "expert week"!

So why did I start a blog?

As always, there is not one specific reason, but rather a combination of several ones :)

1. As you know, I was in Affiliate Marketing for almost 2 decades now, and I had to admit, I needed a change. Maybe it had something to do with getting older, maybe I got tired of managing campaigns 24/7 ... one way or another, in order to do something different finally, I accepted the moderator role over at STM. I thought it would be for a few-months at most, but the contrary has happened - I started to enjoy it and decided to write more. The next logical step was to launch a blog...

2. I got tired of people pretending to be experts and spreading false information on various AM related forums, blogs etc ... you see GURUs everywhere, selling courses on this and that ... In reality, large part of the info is either outdated or just flat out incorrect. So I wanted to bring my point of view into the mix and provide some value for the AM crowd.

3. I used to build sites in the past, actually the bigger part of my AM "career" was tied to running sites in one way or another. And while I still have a few older sites running, I didn't build any new ones for quite some time ... so I'm building the blog now.

4. I'm almost 40, not sure how long I'm gonna be aggressive enough to launch campaigns daily and keep up with all the new trends and tech. So I thought to myself ... what could you do next? Passing on the experience I gathered during those years did sound like a valid option to me. So here I'm, passing on my knowledge to anyone who is willing to pay attention :) I'm also building my brand on the go, maybe in the future I will offer consulting, giving speeches at conferences ... who know's where I'm gonna find myself 5 years from now :) But whatever it will be, I'm building grounds for it now, with the blog and my online presence in general.

So, that's it in a nutshell.

MI
Back