The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

which type of hosting for landing pages ?

hi everyone ,

im currently using a normal blue host hosting ,
im not sure if this will be able to handle the load when i send

traffic to a landing / offer page

if not which type of hosting should i use ?

all advise are very much appreciated :):ninja:

hi everyone ,

im currently using a normal blue host hosting ,
im not sure if this will be able to handle the load when i send

traffic to a landing / offer page

if not which type of hosting should i use ?

all advise are very much appreciated :):ninja:
I think it depends on the amount of traffic you're going to send to that landing page. If it's thousands or millions of traffic then you will need a VPS or a Dedicated server.

I have set up small VPS servers for as little as $5.00/mo to handle just landing pages. No control panel. They use (server daemons) Nginx and low use PHP 7 and MySQL. They can handle a lot of traffic and as cloud installation can be upgraded fast if needed.

If you are going to do 1K pops an hour -- NP.
500 LP hr <200KB each NP.

Once the files being used by the webserver are in its cache: the performance hit on each page load (request) is minor really

I have set up small VPS servers for as little as $5.00/mo to handle just landing pages. No control panel. They use (server daemons) Nginx and low use PHP 7 and MySQL. They can handle a lot of traffic and as cloud installation can be upgraded fast if needed.

If you are going to do 1K pops an hour -- NP.
500 LP hr <200KB each NP.

Once the files being used by the webserver are in its cache: the performance hit on each page load (request) is minor really

I second that. Small VPS with nginx and some sort of cache is the way to go. Put it behind cloudflare and it'll handle insane amount of traffic.

But you may also use a CDN if you're using HTML landing pages. Here's an article I wrote about couple years ago.
Optimize PageSpeed of Affiliate Landing Pages with a CDN - tjosm.com

I would recommend you to go with cloud hosting as there several advance features which can easily handle decent amount of traffic without any problem. I am assuming that you are using WordPress as your CMS in such case you can use cache plugin and test your website on page insight to see if there is anything which should be optimize to save server resources. All the best

I'm also using this way, a VPS just for $10/mo at Vultr with Nginx and PHP7 & MySQL. It can handle a lot of traffic.

It depends on how many traffics you can send to your landing page.
If a lot - Then, better VPS hosting.
If not much, you can choose any hosting services from any providers.

Page load speed is the real issue. If that page remains in the server's memory cache see: >>> Web cache - Wikipedia

• With your own VPS only your files are cached
  • With a shared hosting everyones files could or could not be cached depending on the frequency of the file's HTTP request.
You want a landing page to load in one second or under 3 seconds max.
Volume has nothing to do with it -- that one missed load may be a lost sale <<< think about that ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

When we actully have doubt about the visitors load then inspite of looking for Shared hosting we must blindly opt for VPS hosting as it will reduce the further risk for our site.

Thanks !!

Can you please elaborate on the type of hosting you are using to host the site? so that I can advice better
if you want to manage a huge amount of traffic then choose dedicate hosting or cloud hosting.

banners
Back