The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which one is better for eyes? LCD or CTR???

First of all LCD and CRT monitors are using different technology, as OWG stated - there is no blinking for LCD. It has been proven that working long hours in front of CRT monitor (or just sitting close to the tube TV) negatively affects your vision and also increases chances of hear loss. There are also proven studies about radioactive waves from CRT tubes.

Just do a experiment - put a live plant or flower next to the CRT monitor for a few month and see what happens after few month (all my plants died...)

Many large companies in US (if not all) completely switched to LCD monitors just to avoid potential lawsuits.

So... there is no second thought - if you work a lot on your computer LCD is a MUST...

LCD is really better to use for eyes. Based on my experience, my eyes get easily hurt when I'm using my PC (CRT) at home for long hours but when I'm in our office in which we're using LCD monitor, my eyes don't get hurt even working for long hours..

Its no doubt LCD as the other has already told you. Its important to have a good monitor to not hurt your easy, so dont buy a cheap one!

...and also increases chances of hear loss.
I'm assuming you mean hair loss? Do you have any links on this subject?

Unless you spend £thousands on one, CRT still beats LCDs hands-down for colour-rendition.

I do much prefer LCD now (@ 1920x1200 here)

:)

What LCD screens are people using? Links? I've always found the quality of LCD screens to be really rather bad when it comes to colours... they just look to washed out compared to my old trusty CTR

I prefer LCD, because they are very compact and light and they don't have geometric distortion. It also have little or no flicker depending on backlight.

banners
Back