The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Which is better a pr1 link or a pr8 link ?

J

janethd

There are some very well known SEO people that believe that Page Rank is used for that part of the algo. And that it is not used in any way to add weight to a link.

This would mean that a pr8 link would help you get ranked the same as a pr4 link.

Let me try it this wa,y if I had anchor text for Janeth´s website design from a pr10 website and you had the same anchor text from 2 pr1 sites you would rank above me.

What´s your thoughts on this?

actually, I believe that that is somewhat true. I have a few websites that have a PR 2/10 with a few backlinks from 0/10 websites. Its to difficult to come to a full conclusion considering how unpredictabke the google dance has gotten.

Im just going to continue getting links the way I always have until google says differently.

Google is some how unpredictable this day, in the days when it used to be predictable PR8 will certainly rank above PR for almost any keywords but with Google of today I'm not sure

Temi

For over 18 months now Google has been reducing the bonus points awarded for PR influence on its SERPs. 2 years ago, if your competitors had PR8 and you had PR3, you were nowhere to be seen. Now however good techniques can (and do) frequently beat big PR advantage.

"For over 18 months now Google has been reducing the bonus points awarded for PR influence on its SERPs"

Do you have a link? Or is this a theory? If it's a theory, what is the theory based on?

Temi,

I would HIGHLY recommend this technique:

Instead of trying to compete for top listings with the most competitive keywords, looks for spinoffs/misspellings of those keywords, then optimize accordingly.

Optimize Accordingly = Have actual content, which is unique, then link/backlink.

Good Luck!

Paul

Paul,
My theory is to match fire with fire for example I have just register a domain with the keyword that guy used to knock me out of number one spot, I will look to knocking him off within 2 month :)

I will post how my site is doing here to keep you informed, the site should be live tomorrow the 30th of September.

Temi

"I have just register a domain with the keyword that guy used to knock me out of number one spot, I will look to knocking him off within 2 month"

Hahahaha...Go get em chased

IMHO keyword stuffed domains stand to gain a very very small advantage but risk losing a lot as part of an OOP filter penalty.

SORRY ! :armada33:

smeagain,
Not at this present moment, stuffed domain name seem to be winning and when it stop winning I have my well optimised non stuffed domain to pick up the mantle.

You say that KW stuffed domains are winning, but a KW stuffed domain name may not be the reason it is winning. This type of "Name Choosing" is normaly (as with yourself) accompanied by intensive optimisation of pages and some degree of knowlrdge as to how to optimise.

For instance in Google UK for a UK search:
"web site hosting"
The highest hyphenated KW stuffed URL is at #11

Where results show there is possibly some advantage, IMO it is more likely to be the non-hyphenated "allonewordnames" that are at an advantage. Google has paid good money to acquire its "Word Stemming" and could (only could) be applying this to domain names. Multi hyphenation is, again IMO, both an outdated awkward name for visitors to remember, but also can be detrimental when in an OOP situation.

You could equaly say there are more sites in the top positions using a white background and dash off converting all your designs to "White Backgrounds".

Clearly, all aspects of position #1 sites need to be taken as "Possible Only" not definate contributions to the success.

Whilst most of the things you said is correct I am not completely sure you are right about the keyword stuffed domain name. It may well be that a few months down the road this method will stop working, but at this point in search engines time both Yahoo and Google rate keyword stuffed domain higher that non keyword stuffed domains with good contents and decent back links.

I have also seem this tread confirmed it about 4 well respected SEO forums so there must be some truth in it, anyway I have started my own experiment and I will report my findings in a few months time if the domain climes to the FrontPage or stay on page 2006 in Google
Temi

MI
Back