The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Which domain or region to sign up to (travel affiliate)

kcaluwae

affiliate
I'm getting started with affiliate links on my travel blog.
I'm starting to sign up for programs like Hilton (hotels), Momondo (flights) and others.

Now I notice that most of the programs have different affiliate programs for different regions. Hilton works with 3 different affiliate networks for USA, UK & rest of Europe. Momondo has a different program for each of its domains (.com, .it, ...)

Why would that be and which program should I choose. My blog is bilingual (Dutch/English) so my readers can just as well be from Canada, USA, United Kingdom as the Netherlands. Hilton has only 1 website, Hilton.com, so in the end, I don't see why one affiliate program vs another would make any difference.

Regarding momondo there would indeed be a difference as by default the currency and language is different depending on the domain chosen but I cannot tell where my visitor is from (Amazon has a nice solution for this).

Anybody any suggestions how I should continue?

I'm afraid that I don't know much about the travel industry but a thought that comes to mind is why not use a site like booking(dot)com, that sort of thing that doesn't require regional/language breakdowns?

I've never used one but I know that there are geo scripts that you can use on your site. It would display an assigned link based on the location of your visitor.

Just a couple of ideas....

Hello,
Different regions of affiliate programs are most possibly made for payment purpose and better affiliate support (locate support team at the defined time zone).
So, you need to sign up for the affiliate program defined for your bank location otherwise you can have problems with payouts to your bank.
Ping the aff program support for details and advice, they would definitely advice you the right way

banners
Back