The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which directory script would you recommend?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I think this question has probably been asked before, but I still want to bring this question up, which directory script would you truly recommend?

Please also motivate your answer (eg.. why, se friendly?.. etc), I think this question is very common, but users mainly choose the well-known scripts, although they do offer a good range of features, I would like to know which one is the best from SE perspective etc..

Lets start discussing!
- Meti

I can honestly say I've never used any of the scripts out there that are available but when we do, and we will I guess it will probably by phpld.

Reason being is that this script is widely supported with many addons available plus many know the script so if any problems occur then chances are it can be fixed fairly quickly.

I can honestly say I've never used any of the scripts out there that are available but when we do, and we will I guess it will probably by phpld.

Reason being is that this script is widely supported with many addons available plus many know the script so if any problems occur then chances are it can be fixed fairly quickly.

I agree, phpLD is a well-known script with lots of styles/modifications available. However; as a directory owner, I am aware of many directory scripts that aren't even being mentioned in threads, and I must admit that there's some shocking features available on smaller scripts (default features).

One of the reasons, I brought this thread up.

- Meti

Ok guys,

Lets get one thing straight here... I don't want this thread to turn into another promotion for this :bullshit: script.

If you recommend one product or another - please state which other scripts you used and compare feature by feature why you think one or another is better.

The script dreamsubmitting mentioned probably has been around longer than any others but it does not make it the best.

Many people using it because (like Meti mentioned) there are bunch of free templates and category dumps available.

I have used about 5-6 different scripts and would never recommend or use this p$$LD.

I paid for license and premium support but could not get all features to work on one of my servers and they ignored all my requests for help.

i would say indexu.

but i like the one temi is using for haabaa

I think that script is custom made, not sure though.

@SkinnerW,

Now that's a great reply, I tend to think that many users get referred to phpLD due to their amount of styles/category dumps/modifications etc, however I for a fact don't use phpLD on my web directories, and I don't think I will -- not that I don't like it, but it's one of the scripts that receives lots of spam.

I often see replies, phpLD is the best, I see lack of motivation it's like users are set to reply "phpLD", not going against anyone here but there are decent scripts out there folks, try them before you knock them off.

- Meti

I have sites running PHPLD and eSyndicat, I like eSyndicat much better than PHPLD money aside.
But from money view point, I love the fact that I have and unlimited eSyndicat license so I can use it on as many domains as I like (not that I am planing any more directories thank you)
But I will recommend eSydicat any day, I like the structure more, I like the fact that you can have link on the homepage, I life the fact that you can precede links with text, I also like the admin interface much better than that of PHPLD.

Of course its not perfect, I am sure it has it shortcoming but since OWG recommended it to me I have not bough another PHPLD license.

Lets get one thing straight here... I don't want this thread to turn into another promotion for this :bullshit: script.

That doesn't sound like an objective remark skinner :biggrin:

I honestly can't tell witch script is the best. I only use phpld for my books directory and never had any problem.
But... I also never asked for support, so I can't give my opinion on that part. :biggrin:
I first downloaded the free version and tried that out to get a feeling, then I bought the script...installed it and worked on my own template. Never had any problem so that's the most important for me.
Only negative aspect is the admin section that is really slow...

Only negative aspect is the admin section that is really slow...

It's due to the unneccessary graphics, nothing required really. I think having a too flashy adminCP is just foolish, I like fast forward panels where you're able to set stuff fast and avoid any graphics that take longer to load.

- Meti

phpld all the way, its the best directory script out their so far, and its so easy to install if you know how to make databases in mysql and upload files then you are set!.

phpld all the way, its the best directory script out their so far, and its so easy to install if you know how to make databases in mysql and upload files then you are set!.

IMO I don't think a script can be the "best" just like that, there are scripts that offer much powerful features; meanwhile phpLD has an huge advantage as it has a large userbase and it is an open source product (meaning any coder can contribute to their users).

phpLD has lots of modifications available, yes, but it doesn't come as loaded in features from the start (assuming no modifications have been installed), I know few scripts out there that offer pretty much any feature you need for a web directory to work properly.

- Meti

I have used quite a few scripts , phpld, sitesift, esyndicat, phplb, lbs, sobi, phplynx, phpmydirectory and probably other few I can't remember right now...

It is really hard to say which one is "the best" simply because there is no such thing...every script has it's own good points and bad points as well...

Let's say a couple of words about each one from my own experience...

phpmydirectory - probably one that impressed me most...strong and well developed, also good support...ideal for a business directory

phplynx - excellent script and support, the guys there put a lot of work into it

SOBI - highly recommended if you decide to go for Joomla...the last version is just amazing...I'm using it on one of my latest projects (unfinished yet)

LBS - excellent script and support, still lots of room for improvement...

phplb - I'm happy with it, reliable but I heard some guys had some problems with the support part (not me personally)

esyndicat - very good script (I own an unlimited licence as well) it seems to be a bit less flexible from my point of view...

sitesift - good script but underdeveloped on my opinion

phpld - it is the most popular, that's for sure. I choosed to have it on most of my web directories firstly because you can just find so many modifications and if you don't find just ask on DP and within a few days you'll get what you want . It seems to be the most flexible from all of them, very good support as well, good anti spam and anti hack protection...well...I would not hesitate to recommend it

This is my opinion, of course. No need for everyone to agree with...

Thanks

I agree with you loredan, some very popular scripts you brought up, and some actually do have lots of features and almost every script mentioned above comes with free support, important factor IMO.

- Meti

banners
Back