The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where to start affiliate marketing for newbie?

Win4ester

affiliate
Hello!

Sorry, if I'm making topic, that was discussed many-many times, but I'm not addicted to this forum, so, not really know, where and what to read.

The question is, what vertical (niche) to sellect to start with (for newbie), and what trafic source to sellect?

Criterias of sellecting:

1) Because of the lack of money, the trafic source has to be cheap, but with quality, good enough to make conversions.
2) Vertical has to be sellected in such way, where return on investment has to be as fast as possible. For example, today you spend 100$, tomorrow you get 120 $. I think that this is possible, when you monetize traffic on dating offers or mobile installs, but it is not possible, when you run traffic on financial offers (Forex, as example), because process of decision making takes a lot of time, so, you may wait for weeks for conversion, that will never happen, but you've already spent money, and getting nervous.

My theory, that a good option, is to combine Native ads or PopUps with offers, such as "Dating offers" or "Applications installs", because it is easier for customers to convert on them, and traffic is cheaper, but I'm not sure.

In my experience, I tryed e-commerce (comodity offers), and ran campaigns using yandex direct (analogue of google ads, popular in Russia and countries of CIS), but clicks in this traffic source seemed to be very expensive, and conversions were bad, because the only way to buy these comodities was to order the delivery by postal service, but people don't like to wait, especially if they can buy the same offer in the local shop.

Tryed to use context ads to run traffic on dating offer, problem was the same, expensive clicks and low conversion. I understand, that to test at least one creative, I need to get 100 clicks on it. When I test 5 of them, I need to pay for 500, and when I need to test different geos or demographics, it feels like test budget goes far above my monthly paycheck (I'm talking about context adds).

So, the question is, what vertical and traffic source to sellect for newbie, who is very limited on budget, and very stressed when he sees money melting on ads, without getting fast conversions back?

Hello!

Sorry, if I'm making topic, that was discussed many-many times, but I'm not addicted to this forum, so, not really know, where and what to read.

The question is, what vertical (niche) to sellect to start with (for newbie), and what trafic source to sellect?

Criterias of sellecting:

1) Because of the lack of money, the trafic source has to be cheap, but with quality, good enough to make conversions.
2) Vertical has to be sellected in such way, where return on investment has to be as fast as possible. For example, today you spend 100$, tomorrow you get 120 $. I think that this is possible, when you monetize traffic on dating offers or mobile installs, but it is not possible, when you run traffic on financial offers (Forex, as example), because process of decision making takes a lot of time, so, you may wait for weeks for conversion, that will never happen, but you've already spent money, and getting nervous.

My theory, that a good option, is to combine Native ads or PopUps with offers, such as "Dating offers" or "Applications installs", because it is easier for customers to convert on them, and traffic is cheaper, but I'm not sure.

In my experience, I tryed e-commerce (comodity offers), and ran campaigns using yandex direct (analogue of google ads, popular in Russia and countries of CIS), but clicks in this traffic source seemed to be very expensive, and conversions were bad, because the only way to buy these comodities was to order the delivery by postal service, but people don't like to wait, especially if they can buy the same offer in the local shop.

Tryed to use context ads to run traffic on dating offer, problem was the same, expensive clicks and low conversion. I understand, that to test at least one creative, I need to get 100 clicks on it. When I test 5 of them, I need to pay for 500, and when I need to test different geos or demographics, it feels like test budget goes far above my monthly paycheck (I'm talking about context adds).

So, the question is, what vertical and traffic source to sellect for newbie, who is very limited on budget, and very stressed when he sees money melting on ads, without getting fast conversions back?

Hi there!

It's up to you. Maybe you should try spy tools and anayze what is the best traffic source for your campaigns and what brings profit to your competitors. In my opinion is very good push and native.

There are a lot of different way to track affiliates these day but all are based on someone clicking your special tracking link.

The most common type of tracking is via a cookie.

1: Create a Website or A Blog
2: Choose an Industry, and then Niche Down
3: Research Products in Your Niche that You Can Review
4: Sign Up for the Amazon Affiliate Program
5: Find affiliate programs for the other products you want to review
6: Create content in the form of tutorials, review posts, resource pages or emails and use your affiliate link
7: Optimize the page and track your rankings in Google
8: Rinse and Repeat!

There are a lot of different way to track affiliates these day but all are based on someone clicking your special tracking link.

The most common type of tracking is via a cookie.

1: Create a Website or A Blog
2: Choose an Industry, and then Niche Down
3: Research Products in Your Niche that You Can Review
4: Sign Up for the Amazon Affiliate Program
5: Find affiliate programs for the other products you want to review
6: Create content in the form of tutorials, review posts, resource pages or emails and use your affiliate link
7: Optimize the page and track your rankings in Google
8: Rinse and Repeat!

Sounds difficult. Creating website is already bunch of work, and after that, you would have to promote it. Seems like you have to run traffic on your site.

traffic realy costs money. it is up to you what kind of traffic to start working with but keep in mind that pop traffic seems to be cheap but it is highly compatetive. you have to spend a big amount of money to get some real statistics to understand what is going on. the same thing with push traffic. it is still hot but it may be difficult to work with it without core understanding. there are two ways:
1. choose your kind of traffic and try to save up more money to make more tests (there is the possibility that you will spend $2k and then get profits)
2. learn to use spy tools, look through case studies, ask your senior colleagues for advices and try to start campaigns to confirm or cheak some theory. each your step must be conscious.

as for offers dating is a good nishe. you are able to start with geos that are not saturated. they won't bring you millions but you'll understand the logics of work which is more important for the begining.

@Win4ester Join an affiliate network e.g adswick.com, take offer link and start promoting in your influence circle on Social Media, SMS, Email or what ever you have. It will give you a nice start up without investing any money.

banners
Back