The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where to begin and mentoring

marty14

affiliate
If you just came acroos afiliate marketing for the first time, never seen or heard of it before, what would your first course of action be. And try to be as honest as possible becausxe I'm at a loss as to what to do first. And second, to all of you that are old hands at this, would any of you be willing to have time to teach someone the ropes? Or are these secrets guarded?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentor

I'm lost!!!!
Is there everyone out there that would be a mentor to me for a few days just to get me on the right track.

Honesty the first thing I would do is get some help from someone that is already making money online and knows the ropes of it. That's really some advice for any business. You want to know what to do and what not to do without all the guess work and trail and error. So finding someone that knows how to actually make money as an affiliate marketer and can give you tips is the first thing I would do, and the first thing I did. lol
I have a blog about this question actually. I had the same question before I started up as well.

You can message me for the link to my blog since I'm new here and can't put links into my replys :(
or you can use google to find a system that will guide you along the way till you get the hang of it :)

Hopefully that helped you a little bit. The main advice I could give anyone starting out would be to find someone that has been making money for a while who can lead you through everything your first few times around so you will know exactly what to do :)

I have a blog about this question actually. I had the same question before I started up as well.

You can message me for the link to my blog since I'm new here and can't put links into my replys

You can add your blog at http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Scroll down to:

Blog RSS Feed
Enter the full URL for your blog RSS feed here (include http://).

and enter the link to your blog feed in the text box there (it will vary depending on what software you're using but you can usually determine this by clicking on the "RSS Feed" link for your site and using that).

Once you've added the information, it may take up to half an hour or so to display the title and link to your latest blog post (this is a cron job or scheduled task that runs automatically).

If you just came acroos afiliate marketing for the first time, never seen or heard of it before, what would your first course of action be. And try to be as honest as possible becausxe I'm at a loss as to what to do first.

I already told you in one of your other posts, the 1st step and the next few steps after that.
Right here: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...5991-how-pick-your-1st-niche-6.html#post51402

"And second, to all of you that are old hands at this, would any of you be willing to have time to teach someone the ropes? Or are these secrets guarded?"

The secrets are not guarded and most of the answers are right here. In fact a really big majority of what you need to know to get started is in that post I provided for you above. What makes this business hard to learn is that there is no one perfect niche, no one perfect blueprint to follow. If there was then EVERYONE would be doing the same thing and it would no longer be profitable.
You need to learn the basic concepts then create your own path to success.

You just need to slow down, read, absorb and take some notes.
Have you read all the stickies in the newbie forum yet as suggested? If you take the time to do that, you will feel like you have enough pieces of the puzzle to start putting it together.

No one that KNOWS what they are doing will mentor you because they make too much money to stop to do that. If you get someone offering to mentor you it will likely be a newbie that's all excited because they think they know it all, but really don't.

Trust me when I say no one is going to hand you the info, you need to take control of the learning process, take the time, dig in and make the effort. Eventually a light will turn on, you will have that ahh-ha moment and then you will get to the point where it all starts to make sense.

I already told you in one of your other posts, the 1st step and the next few steps after that.
Right here: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...5991-how-pick-your-1st-niche-6.html#post51402

"And second, to all of you that are old hands at this, would any of you be willing to have time to teach someone the ropes? Or are these secrets guarded?"

The secrets are not guarded and most of the answers are right here. In fact a really big majority of what you need to know to get started is in that post I provided for you above. What makes this business hard to learn is that there is no one perfect niche, no one perfect blueprint to follow. If there was then EVERYONE would be doing the same thing and it would no longer be profitable.
You need to learn the basic concepts then create your own path to success.

You just need to slow down, read, absorb and take some notes.
Have you read all the stickies in the newbie forum yet as suggested? If you take the time to do that, you will feel like you have enough pieces of the puzzle to start putting it together.

No one that KNOWS what they are doing will mentor you because they make too much money to stop to do that. If you get someone offering to mentor you it will likely be a newbie that's all excited because they think they know it all, but really don't.

Trust me when I say no one is going to hand you the info, you need to take control of the learning process, take the time, dig in and make the effort. Eventually a light will turn on, you will have that ahh-ha moment and then you will get to the point where it all starts to make sense.

I agree with what Linda is saying 100%...even if I were to mentor someone (no time currently)...it wouldn't be for free (not even close), because my time is worth quite a bit, and I am sure that would be true for anyone would (or could) even consider one on one mentoring any how.

Do what Linda said...slow down to speed up...that is sage advice indeed.

Thank You Hun

Just someone to be honest with me. So its all up to me to learn from my errors and go from there. I think this is going to harder than I was told. But hard work is nothing new for me. So I think I will start from the beginning again and move a little slower. It might take more time but the ends results will be worth it. Thank You again for your honesty

Yes now you are starting to get it. I think you had run into some of the many people online that try to tell you - you can get rich quick in your underwear with no work. Those guys are trying to make it seem 'easy' if you only knew the 'secret'. The big SECRET is in the ebook or special course they are trying to sell you and it's usually snake oil.

We aren't trying to sell you anything, so what we have to offer is real and not hyped up junk, just trying to get you excited so you'll buy into the ultimate dream all newbies share.

Affiliate marketing is neither quick nor easy, it's work - but it definitely can make you a good living from home with some effort and perseverance.

As a beginner, what would most of you people recomend

as a newbie what would most of you affiliate recomed to start with. I know tahts a hard question. So let so what was your first product

First product?

Disney watches.

Site made about 26 transactions at $2 a pop.

Done with natural SEO too.

I learned that product selection and profit potential assessment was important BEFORE you start doing a lot of work for SEO.

I think it worked out to about 20 cents an hour.

if you had a product,designed a website

ok i'm stuck

1. I read all the affiliated marketing newS articles AND COURSES
2. I signed up at all the website I could think of
3. I researched for a product
4. I dug up all keywords using semrush
5. I read articles approaching my nich
6. NOW WHAT, WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE{WHATS MY NEXT STEP) THIS IS WHERE i GET LOST AT WHATI DO, RIGHT ARTICLES,USE ADSENCE.This IS WHERE I GET stuck I KNOW THE INFORMATION, BUT i DON'T KNOW HOW TO apply It. Can someone just lead me in the right direction.
7. Is there anything that I forgot
8. iF YOU THINK OF ANY THING E-MAIL ME
9. tO EVERYONE THAT HAS HELP ME THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Marty,

Reading helps, but I believe you just started doing this. Have you attended any conferences and interact with other affiliates in person? It takes time to find your niche that works and you are going to have lots of failures before sucess. I think meeting other affiliates and attending conference definitely helps to gain more knowledge. But, it is going to take time to get there for sure.

If I offendeed anyone

Yesterday I post some post on what do I do next. After reading the replies I recieved. I realized that I was wrong. In all of the courses I read about affiliate marketing, they all told me to use there e-book or use there web site as a niche. I now realize that it was wrong. What I need to do is to find something I am good at and write about that and to promote that item. That was a part that wasn't talked about enough. So it I affended anyone I do apogolize. And also wait to thank everyone for there support in my error of judgement. So what I did gather was after I found a niche I should start to advertise that product. And I shouldn't expect to recieve overnight success, this is a trail and error plan,not a get rich scheme. Thanks to everyone for getting that across to me. Thank you again

MI
Back