The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Where is native ads headed?

razrus5

I am checking out information on affiliatefix and your site. Where do you think native ads are going in 2017 and beyond?

This is a tough call :)

A year ago, we on STM pretty much believed Native is gonna take over the internet, but it didn't quite happen. Native is huge, no need to argue about it, but we simply expected it to have a bigger impact.

Large part of the sites you can advertise on through native networks, are simple "arbitrage" setups, recycling content, trading traffic with other sites and relying on facebook for the viral traffic - by using click-bait titles. You might know that FB actually started to crack down on this, the reach of such posts is going down lately.

Then there is the "fake news" phenomenon that is being addressed now too, and again, large part of these sites are using native networks to monetize their traffic.

This being said, I think we won't see such a big growth as we did for the past few years, actually I wouldn't be surprised if the overall volumes went down a bit.

Native networks also try to work with branding advertisers more, which means a possible increase of traffic prices.

Native is definitely gonna stay here, but it has a few challenges ahead. I also see the rules of some networks becoming more strict than they used to be. But that's a normal evolution with any maturing market.

As for offers, I don't expect any major changes - it still works better with higher payout offers, which means you need a higher budget to make them work. Nutra, Skincare, Diet, Dating, Games ... these seem to be the most popular verticals right now and I'd expect it to stay the same for some more.

MI
Back