The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Where do you get high quality free images from?

It's true that there are some really good free images online, however they are mostly overused and tend to be ignored by new visitors to your site. In my opinion, your best bet is to always pay a royalty fee just so that you can get some unique photographs to include in your posts, otherwise your site may get lost within the thousands other like yours. Also, make sure that when you are buying rights to use photos that the amount charged isn't overpriced, as this is a rather common way in which many bloggers are scammed.

I simply use Google images for HD images, Plus they have almost any image I need or want.
I agree. Also on google images, there is a small "search tools" button that allows you to customize the results. It's pretty easy to find the right time of images, and very quick to find the right images.

This is going to sound kind of crazy, but I usually have to take my own! It's hard to use stock photos since there are so many copyright laws surrounding them. I take so many pictures on a daily basis, that I can usually find one that relates to the freelance article I'm writing, or the cause or product that I am trying to promote. I guess there are plus sides to being glued to my camera!

What about Microsoft's clip art? Is it ok to use?

Use for what? I'm sure there is some sort of license that goes along with the Microsoft clip art (I assume you're talking about in Office?) but it probably doesn't allow for commercial use.

Try Dreamscape and freeimages.co.uk they have a nice collection for free images, they don't have everything but they do have the links on freeimages for dreamscape and another one, sorry can't remember the name.

Sign up at DepositPhotos and they will offer you a free 7-day trial on their subscription service. This allows you to download 5 free images a day, for 7 days. You must sign up with a credit card, however you won't be charged unless you forget to cancel the free trial.

Also, a few years ago I signed up as a photographer at iStockPhoto. I have about 20 images listed there that I sell. Instead of taking the profits from the images I sell, I convert them to credits that I can use to purchase other peoples images. I have saved a lot of money this way.

Sign up at DepositPhotos and they will offer you a free 7-day trial on their subscription service. This allows you to download 5 free images a day, for 7 days. You must sign up with a credit card, however you won't be charged unless you forget to cancel the free trial.

Also, a few years ago I signed up as a photographer at iStockPhoto. I have about 20 images listed there that I sell. Instead of taking the profits from the images I sell, I convert them to credits that I can use to purchase other peoples images. I have saved a lot of money this way.

Neither of these are really free solutions

I use the following website for one year now and every time I looked for a high-res pic I needed I found it here.
http://www.sxc.hu/

I just checked this site. I can't understand how I never came across this before! I've spend hours hunting for the perfect picture over Google. Flickr is fine but most are copyright stuff, even if it's not mentioned you know it's implied. This site has excellent quality pictures! Thanks for sharing this here. :)

Check out a site called openclipart, I am a member there, they have a nice collection of free images. Most of them are vector graphics (.svg) which is nice because you can manipulate the image to suit your needs, a good program for .svg files is Inkscape.

banners
Back