The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Where do you buy domains?

I've registered with Namecheap, Direct Register, Freenom. They all have given me no problems and they are very cheap for domain registration.

I'm an old soul, so it still sounds kinda silly (to me) to "buy" domain-names.

But in a world where 'possession is most of the law' (i.e. where a simple 'agreement by most not to take domain-names that someone else is already using' won't protect the few who don't agree), you "need" to pay people to 'reserve your domain-name' (recording that you had it first & defending your exclusive rights to it should someone else try to claim it.)

(I obviously don't "own" a domain-name ... but there may be one-or-two which only I use and which everyone else stays away from ;-) )

Definitely namecheap, they had their huge promotion deal. If you tweet about it, you'll get a domain for 1.99$, for an entire year.

Though I'd recommend godaddy if no huge sales are on. :)

Buying domain names and selling them is all about either registering new good quality names or buying the expired good domain names at a lower price and selling them at a slightly higher price than the cost price. After doing either one of these, the next step is to market the domains that you’re selling.

Namecheap - clean interface, reasonable pricing, lots of features, good support.

I used to register the bulk of my domains from Namecheap.
But these days I usually use Dynadot and Net Earth One. I have the odd Namecheap domain for specific TLD's... as I usually can't find them anywhere else for a reasonable price.

NameCheap! I've had issues with other sites (not to mention other sites are generally more expensive). However I've also had good luck with 101domain, mostly because I always do domain hacks or use generally obscure TLDs and gTLDs. And 101 is the king of obscure domain names! I guess it just depends, am I doing a site for somebody or trying to turn it into money? I'll probably go with NameCheap and get a nice and simple .com, if I am doing a personal project or some sort of personal website it is generally more appealing to have something cool like .io (Indian Ocean).

MI
Back