The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where did I go wrong?

johnsmithtetley

affiliate
Good Afternoon,

I'm as new as can get. I have done a fair bit of lurking in the affiliate world. Lots of youtube and reading. This has to be one of the 'dodgiest' industries when it comes to affiliate marketers trying to sell their 'course' etc. I'm trying to avoid all of that chaff and find 100% authentic and generally free instruction/information (this might be where I've gone wrong).

I found some strategies online and thought I would give it a 'test' to get a general feel for how to create adverts/link to my affiliate product etc....However... somewhere, I've gone wrong. I was hoping I could reach out to the community for some feedback.

My strategy:
MaxBounty - Surveys for cash
Traffic source - propellerads mobile push notifications - this was created to look like a chat message.
Untitled.png

Nothing too unique.

The advert would then link the user to a 'chatbot' which asked them a few 'survey style' questions and then if they were further interested they would then get a link to my MaxBounty survey offer. So this was a test - I ran this for x2 days at $10 per day to the U.S market - mobiles.
Untitled.png
it ran between 0700-2200hrs. As you can see my results below on propllerads. I got 4 clicks on the final link to the affilate page. So out of 419 clicks on the advert. Only 4 continued onto clicking on the link for the survey and then no leads on MaxBounty.

According to the 'affiliate' guru this strategy was meant to have a 600% ROI (HA!).. thankfully I didn't pay for any of this knowledge.

Just so I can get a feel for where I went wrong, I'd be very interested in your feedback.

Kind Regards

JS

Untitled.jpg

I am not an expert affiliate (so I am not going to sell you my advice :)) but I would not go for 'broker traffic' and 'low user activity' when testing offer.

Copy-paste campaigns won't really work. Moreover, with my experience, I can say it's really hard to retain users till the end using a chat-bot type lander. People end up leaving the page as soon as they realize they'te talking to a bot. Instead, loading gifs lander works really great and keeps the user on the page if you show them a search (loading gif) is going on and the result will be for their benefit, no yours.

You need to have patience ,succes in IM dont come easy .The people you see them succesful endure a lot ,they work hard ,fai fail fail have patience etc .Start creating your platforms and start creating content that brings people value ,this its the way to go

MI
Back