The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

When to Monetize??

BlogDiva

affiliate
I have heard that I should wait before adding products or ads to a new site and focus on free content first. Any thoughts??

Thanks!

It depends on the site, but generally, I think that's a good idea. Especially if you're trying to get approved by an affiliate network. You want your site to give the impression of giving rather than taking.

It does depend on what your site has been built for. If your providing content which is targeting high paying keywords for a CPC program such as Google Adsense then get those ads integrated to your site from the offset.
If on the other hand your building content relating to an affiliate product your promoting, then I tend to not show these banners/ads at all. Instead I would present the site as an authority, give the reader useful information relating to what they are searching for, then offer more through email Opt-in. Once subscribed I would follow up with promotional content for the affiliate program.
An example I find a product on dog training tips, I create a site based around dog training tips. I provided good content, offer more through signup of email subscription Opt-in. Build trust with people and the are more likely to buy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My new site is information based, so it sounds like holding off to monetize is best. Thanks for the great tip on sending promotional info via opt-in email!

banners
Back