affiliate
With all the open source and freeware available now, especially in the area
of PHP/MySQL, there are options for just about every need you may have in
website applications.

I was wondering if you fellow members can share your reasons why you would
purchase a script - other than the removal of any linkbacks, and branding of
the authors
?

If premium script is right from the start very close to what I need, more customization friendly, offers more option, easier to learn and use - I may choose it over free software.

if it was custom - if it wasn't then I really wouldn't bother! I'm an open source fan!

Open source are not always well supported but propriatary scripts tends to have better support than open source.

Open source are not always well supported but propriatary scripts tends to have better support than open source.

not always officially but there will be some help out there.

Quite right xhan but I don't want to spend time trawling the net for info that is not always reliable when I can pay a few pounds and get pro support. That was the reason I changed this forum from phpBB to vBulletin.

When it was phpBB (which is free open source) when a virus or a vulnerability hit phpBB I spend loads of time looking for solution. Now, I pay just the equivalent of £15 a year and vBulleting are always on the lookout for me, should any new nasty virus of something hit vBulletin, they find they sort out the patch, send me and email notifying me. That is worth far more than £15 to me.

Quite right xhan but I don't want to spend time trawling the net for info that is not always reliable when I can pay a few pounds and get pro support. That was the reason I changed this forum from phpBB to vBulletin.

When it was phpBB (which is free open source) when a virus or a vulnerability hit phpBB I spend loads of time looking for solution. Now, I pay just the equivalent of £15 a year and vBulleting are always on the lookout for me, should any new nasty virus of something hit vBulletin, they find they sort out the patch, send me and email notifying me. That is worth far more than £15 to me.

I've never had a problem finding support for script yet! codegrrl.com forums are awesome for any script support. (even if its phpaskit!)

banners
Back