The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What's the easiest way to advertise your affiliate link

romeo216

Hello,

I'm new here so i don't know if this has already been discussed but I'm wondering what's the best what to advertise your affiliate link....I've tried myspace in the past but they've really began to crack down on things...I'm not really sure where to begin advertising after my successful run on myspace. I didn't really plan on them cracking down on affiliates.

I've heard craigslist might be good...but after that is it any other forms of free advertising? I'm working with a small budget...so I'm not really trying to go the adwords route or anything like that....

please share your ideas.

Welcome to 5 Star, Romeo.

Some networks have gotten in trouble for letting affiliate promote on Myspace too, so some of them will drop you without pay if you are caught.

Craigslist does not allow affiliate links either and your ads will get pulled and you could get banned. There are some creative ways to advertise through CL but since technically affiliate marketing is prohibited I don't teach affiliates the ways to circumvent the system.

Your best bets are social networks specific to the market you are targeting and forums that are targeted and allow sigs. The other thing would be to start a blog, hugpage or squidoo lens to try to generate search traffic to your affiliate offers. But you need to find the right niche and use the right keywords in order to optimize your chances of getting traffic.

This may be helpful if you want to learn about social marketing.
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/web-2-0-video-social-marketing-forum/7357-web-2-0-traffic-generation-blueprint-free-good-reviews.html?highlight=traffic">Web 2.0 Traffic Generation Blueprint - FREE + Good Reviews</a>

Here's another with ideas:
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/4557-whats-your-favorite-traffic-source.html?highlight=traffic">What's Your Favorite Traffic Source?</a>

We have lots of other threads talking about various ways to generate traffic.
Scan the newbie forum and the social marketing forum for more ideas.

Hi Linda and Romeo,

When affiliate links are "banned" or not allowed, is professional link cloaking or masking can be an alternative? And when I say professional, I don't mean using free stuff like TinyURL or the others, I mean have our own domain name.

Thanks in advance!
Yan

Well when companies say no affiliate links allowed, they mean no affiliate links. Using a redirect or masking may make it harder for them to automatically find your links. However places like Craigslist are largely moderated by the members and some of them are like vigilantes just trying to find people to flag.

You would still be breaking the rules and could still suffer the consequences which could be anything from being banned, to having commission withheld, to in extreme cases a lawsuit.

IMO, you should target the persons who would most likely search for a particular keyword relevant to your affiliate product. You mentioned you are discounting on PPC campaigns due to your limited budget. Its a sad thing because PPC draws in targetted traffic. It is a effective way given the proper treatment. Identify your niche and select the market you want to cater to and start from there. Research also on the keywords your desired market would most likely be looking for. You should be more focused on getting targetted traffic than just random traffic. Buying targetted link backs are also effective at getting targetted traffic. Its a matter of "matchmaking", you give your traffic what they need IMO ;)

I started a thread on effective ways (paid and free) at this thread : http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ive-ways-get-traffic-your-site.html#linkbacks

You may find it useful ;)

Best of luck buddy!

you can also go try the bum marketing method. it is a method that has been developed by Travis Sago. It is a free ecourse hence the word "bum". Try googling it. It teaches you how to effectively market by article submissions. He also provides an inside scoop on google. There are some tutorials on youtube if you searth "bum marketing method. Only view those by Travis Sago.

Is this bum marketing strictly for articles? I did a quick google but don't have time to read thru it all but was curious if it employs any other tactics. Tx!

Yes!! Fit n Free it is strictly for articles and he shows you how to get them indexed in google using long tailed keywords. It is an excellent technique. A lot of people are using it know. Make sure you click on the website for Travis Sago. He is really big on SEO (Search Engine Marketing Techniques)

i'm a big fan of ppc advertising (if it's done right) when done right you'll get lots of sales and few clicks. if it's done wrong....well....i've lost my fair share of money without result.

If your on a limited budget, it doesn't matter. if you have $10 you should be able to get maybe 30-40 clicks from that, and i've you've worded your ad properly to only attract serious buyers it can be benefical.

But again i'll warn about the dangers of doing it wrong, because i've lost a significant amount of money very quickly (within days not weeks) becasue i didn't know what i was doing.

but give it a go. and good luck. (ps try your own website and a press release also, that's alwasy brought in traffic for me)

I highly recommend Travis Sago's "Bum Marketing".

Nothing new here really, but Travis puts a fresh spin on everything and makes it all quite simple. He's a great communicator.

Get on his list. Watch his videos. You won't be disappointed.

I use article marketing.

Article marketing is free, but it does take some effort and some time to see results. There are LOTS of article submission platforms out there, and I like to use a mix. When I'm doing this, I set a goal of either three articles a day (for my busy days) or six articles a day (for my slower days). Doing this, I get a BUNCH of articles out pretty quickly.

I must agree that one of my favorites is article writing. Plus you get a lot of backlinks. I've seen my rankings go up in the search engines with them. Plus - the more the better!
Diane

MI
Back