«
»
<
>

for separating
  1. the page title
  2. the site title
But which one is the best?
Is there one that converts better than the rest?
Are there any supporting studies?

It doesn't create noticeable difference on conversion, don't worry.. I can say .. separators enhance visual interest and title structure.
But just a note > The majority of websites use the simple hyphen -
No one knows why the hyphens are so popular compared with all the other symbols ..... That's a secret '-'

✿ Samira ✿

Last edited:
I don't think this has a huge impact on ranking nor on general user experience, but I prefer using | or —m but just because it looks nice to me and it fits my taste, but I think that all choices are pretty much decent.

A couple of people have run tests throughout time. The maintakeaways I've seen are that "," is problematic because it attaches itself to a word. "•" is basically ignored so if you're separating two sentences, it's still being read as one whole sentence. "-" and "|" are really 'the best' because they are unambigious in their purpose of separating one word or sentence from the next

"|" are really 'the best' because they are unambigious
| is called a pipe and its purpose is to pipe the result in Bash programming to a following command.
In C based programming languages || means 'or' considered perhaps a faster way to express that statement.
ambiguous is a word 'unambigious' is not

Must have been drunk
when I asked this question

Cracking Up Lol GIF

If you would like to separate two blocks of content by a line, the Separator block is what you are looking for. In order to add a separator block, click on the Block Inserter icon. You can also type /separator and hit enter in a new paragraph block to add one quickly. I always use the separator which is inserted wordpress mainly because i don't need to find something else. To my mind, nowadays all the tools have to be contained in the program which you use on a daily basis. No doubts, that sometimes it might quite inconvenient, however if you will master this thing, you will be certainly the best.

banners
Back