The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Whats the best way to build a list?

lincolnn

affiliate
My site is in the home health care field. We are a referral service for seniors seeking home health care.

I've tried a number of things; article marketing, a little bit of jv, and some forum posts.

What is a fast way to build a list?

Hi There,
Do you collect email addresses from your website?

Offer some free articles or some free information in return for a persons email address. I have done this for a gaming site. I offer a free forum with hundreds of game walk-throughs, but for people to access this, they have to register for free to the website.

I have collected over 100 email addresses from this site in this way.
You can set up an email program like aweber where people can sign up to a newsletter, and they automatically get sent emails for a certain period of time. You can have a 6 part mini course you can offer for free, where the user gets a new email say once a week with tips on senior home health care, and in these emails put your affiliate links and links back to your site!

Hope that helps
Cheers

You might want to consider putting a form up on your website. I would limit access to people who register, but sometimes closing off a certain section can influence viewers to give their emails. Good luck! Let me know what works for you when you figure it out :D

Re:

Hi,
I have tried several programs, ebooks, and software but none of them work. I also used paid per click from Google but I ended up paying for clicks from people who did not spend a total of 10 seconds on my site. I am looking for a low cost way that does not include using splash pages, traffic exchanges, giving away things, submitting articles, or buying leads. If you know any real list building methods that work please share them here.

Thanks

Hi,
I have tried several programs, ebooks, and software but none of them work. I also used paid per click from Google but I ended up paying for clicks from people who did not spend a total of 10 seconds on my site. I am looking for a low cost way that does not include using splash pages, traffic exchanges, giving away things, submitting articles, or buying leads. If you know any real list building methods that work please share them here. Thanks

The part I bolded sounds more like you are asking for ways to generate traffic. Which of course you need traffic in order to build a list. I don't deal with list building but can give you some GOOD free traffic generation resources. Traffic exchanges and stuff like that really doesn?t work.

Best ways to generate traffic

Are you by chance promoting the make money online or Internet marketing niches? If so that's probably your problem. If you are talking about reading eBooks and building lists, it sounds like that's the path your on. If it is, it's a very common newbie mistake. But you need to switch gears IMHO, so let me know and I can tell you why I say this and give you some resources for turning things around.

Create a resource like an ebook.

Offer the ebook if they sign up to your list.

Write a short form sales letter.

Use adwords.

Well you basically have got to offer them somthing.. what that is, is up to you!

how about a free entry into a competition. Prize draw !

My site is in the home health care field. We are a referral service for seniors seeking home health care.

I've tried a number of things; article marketing, a little bit of jv, and some forum posts.

The best way is definitely to create a free ebook and then promote it via your blog, forum signatures, articles, etc. It also never hurts to try to contact webmasters and see if they would be willing to include it on their sites or newsletters.

I've had luck creating a capture page in exchange for email or news letter. Make sure landing page does not give out to much information but lures readers to sign up.

hi

you need a squeeze page to convert so you can build your list , what people do is giving something away for free

james

First you need good content. Then good keywords, long tail keywords and do some research to find high search volume keywords with low competition. Google keywords tool is a great start, find some interesting keywords perticular to your niche. Check "keyword phrase" search, I would target anything returning results under 75,000.

As mentioned above by "rob tid" create or find something to give away to your target audience. Lets say your site is about dog training techniques. Agian do some research, put together a simple ebook providing interesting tips for the reader. People will join your list once they have some trust and feel you are the sorta person who knows what thier talking about. There are some great resources for content and ideas, just get searching.

I tend to use wordress for most of my affiliate sites, as easy to build and many opt in plugins available, with easy configeration to your prefered emailer.

Good luck

A list of what / for what?
You can put people to register in order to read all the article, some articles.
Also place something like feedburner on the site.
Newsletter option might also catch some people.

Hello,

If you are willing to invest the time, resources (and yes this may involve investing some money :- ) and effort, you can create or have a report created that would be of high value to your potential prospects.

This could be something like a list of places that give them discounts or special rates on products or services.

Or you could create a report on the 10 Top Tips for ____ ____ ____

Or Ten Best Ways to ________

By reading some of the hot topics in the forums for that market you will be able to find out what people are interested in and what they are looking for.

Yes it will take some time, work and effort, but that's the way this game is played : - )

After you have something of value to offer, you will then be able to focus on driving traffic to your website. Keep in mind that Great rewards do require great efforts ; - )

Hope this helps

If you have a web-store include an e-mail field in the payment steps. If your blog is a review blog, like said in previous posts- you have to offer your clients an intensive of some sort.

Good luck

MI
Back