What Would You Recommend To A New Website Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

espmartin

affiliate
We've all been there before...just starting out on the internet
and not knowing exactly what we're doing :) So my question to
you all is, knowing what you know now, and the mistakes you've
made in the past, what advice would you give a new website owner?

For example, would you recommend they hire a SEO, or shall they
learn it themselves from the start? What about buying a professional
design, and adding their content to it, or would you recommend that
they "start from scratch"?

What advice do you have for the new website owner?

1. Do research before you jump into any particular niche. The idea may look attractive to you but you have to make sure there is potential market for it and it's not over floated.

2. Don't try to invent a wheel - join good webmaster forum (like UKWW ;) ) and ASK QUESTIONS - you may save yourself months...

Keyword research is the king queen and the entire royal family of web marketing. I would suggest they carry out TOTAL research exercise on their project.

Only involve yourself with sites in niches that really interest and excite you - a website is for life (not just for Christmas :) ) make sure you want to keep going back, adding to and building your sites - you don't want it to become a chore!

Have patience. You won't get overnight results, but if you have a great site to begin with, you can build on the success of it for future sites, and they don't become as hard to promote :)

1. Patience
2. Add more content all the time
3. Make it about something that you really really like. A person is interesting when they talk about something that interests them :)

Start a businesss with your passion

Start business in that field in which you have the passion.

Passion leads to the success.:first:

Starting your new website.

1. Specifically choose your niche and stick to it.
  2. Get your own domain and hosting from a reliable provider.
  3. Don't copy others content rather than hire a copywriter who will write quality contents.
  4. Learn SEO but implement strategies under strict supervision of expert SEO pro.
  5. Spread your URL to your friends, relatives and people you know.
and listen to experience;

Only involve yourself with sites in niches that really interest and excite you - a website is for life (not just for Christmas ) make sure you want to keep going back, adding to and building your sites - you don't want it to become a chore!

Don't try to invent a wheel - join good webmaster forum (like UKWW ) and ASK QUESTIONS - you may save yourself months...

Keyword research is the king queen and the entire royal family of web marketing. I would suggest they carry out TOTAL research exercise on their project.

Have patience. You won't get overnight results, but if you have a great site to begin with, you can build on the success of it for future sites, and they don't become as hard to promote

I don't think many do a big bang and give up the day job and start creating websites, although some do ptsdotcom.

It is a slow gradual process and most are self-taught, my advice would be to use forums like this. I would also suggest that they go breadth i.e a network of sites rather than one mamoth one. Just my two peneth worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back