The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What to look for when collecting or purchasing your own data

J

JohnCPAAlpha

A lot of people are selling data online now. The problem is so much of this data is either scrapped or just made up. In this post I will attempt explain what to look for when purchasing or collecting your own data.
First when you are about to purchase data from anybody make sure to get a sample of the data. You need a big enough sample that you can do a test mail out to.
When you get this data make sure you scrub this data against your unsubscribes, along with your bounces. This is very important. No matter where you get a list make sure that you do this. In the long run this will save you on bounce rates and complaints. You never want to email to a person that has unsubscribed from your list.
After you have scrubbed the test list you want to get ready for your test email. Upload your test list to your email client. Then upload your creative. Make sure to always send yourself a test email. It is always good to have a couple of test email like gmail, aol, yahoo… after you receive these test emails look at them and make sure that they look right. Different email clients handle emails different. This will also help you in finding out if your emails are going into the spam box or inbox.
Send the test email out. What you are looking for is bounce rate along with open rate. I always track ips clicking and opening our emails. If you start to notice the same ip opening the email then stop the lists!! It is usually a spam trap.
After your test campaign has gone out look at all the variables and make a judgment on if the test list preformed to your expectations.
What to look for when collecting your own data or purchasing your data.
When you collect or purchase data there are a few things you should be looking for or collecting. These are very important for you!
Have need to have the customer’s name, ip, email and site the optin was collected. I will include an example of one at the end of this. If you are purchasing leads go to the optin site and read the terms of service. You want to make sure that there is not anything hidden in the terms that they are not claiming not to share optin info. This is for your protection in the long run.

Here is what your opt in lead should look like:

JOANA CERDA 2926 1/2MAIN AVE. WILMINGTON CA 90744 3083400004 cuttie06@yahoo.c0m 76.240.99.19 Sep 13 2011 6:02AM WORK-AT-HOME.COM BIZOP 1/8/2012

The above has been changed to protect the privacy of the optin.

Enjoy and please chime in and give your comments!!

I know I will have 100 more questions, but my first one atm is how and where to find lists to scrub against? Are they public information?

You build these from your own email campaign. Also when you get ready to run an offer get the offer suppression lists. Unfortunately this information is not shared.

Ask away!! That is what we are here for!!

MI
Back