The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What to do about a crappy destination page?

olleper

affiliate
First a little apology; “crappy” is my unexperienced opinion only, maybe it’s just my sales and marketing efforts that doesn’t work.

Anyway, I was asked to run a campaign for a magazine subscription, and now pushing towards 500 clicks (sent through to the affiliate network) and no conversions.

First issue;
I’m in Australia, and the campaign is for US only - making it a bit messy to check the functionality of my links. (I do test in Proxy’s, predominately “HideMyAss” but it is a bit sporadic how it works.)

The affiliate link seem to direct straight to the magazine’s homepage, rather than using landing page, the page is here;

It is busy, a bit messy with big pop ups, and there is no direct call to action.
There is a “FULL YEAR JUST $5.99” banner in the top, but this is not a direct call to action, the banner opens another big pop up, and sometimes the; “subscribe now” in this pop up are below the fold.

Actually, as I write this, and investigate further, I found a static bottom of the screen toolbar with them “call to action” – “subscribe now”. Maybe I’m blind, but it did take me a week to 10 days to discover this toolbar.

I thought about putting up these as a "Follow Along" project;

One always have the option to say this doesn’t work – delete the campaign and move onto the next one. - Having learnt nothing from the experience.

Or, I could test a few different options, creating my own landing page, (which I’m working on HERE.) maybe even communicates the issues to the affiliate network and to the merchant - the fitness magazine.

Cheers for now..

Olle
PS. If you are in the US, it would be great to get feedback on how the 'on page links' work HERE.

Some further testing here;

When I started this fitness magazine campaign, I managed to connect via “HideMyAss” a couple of times - while after that the attempts have been failing. The initial connections took me to fitness magazine homepage. (Hence why I put up a subscription instruction as a first thing on a landing page.)

Today I installed “Anonymizer Universal” and thus received a unique anonymous IP for any of my browsers. And WOW - now I suddenly able to link to any graphically filtered websites anywhere!

When I do this I noticed that the fitness magazine affiliate links, goes directly to the signup form and not to the home page.

So now I can go back and totally redesign the landing page I started on.
And possibly rethink my approach for these “Follow Along” topic.

It is truly a wonderful world (Louis Armstrong) as we learn something new everyday.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.

Olle...

So where are you pushing traffic to? The advertorial type magazine site?

Links work fine also for me....

Thanks Adrian and K.

Initially, and the bulk of the clicks in this campaign, went straight to the fitness magazine subscription page here;
http://www.mb103.com/lnk.asp?o=6008&c=918273&a=136009&s1=DOJO

There are no selling, just a simple form to sign up name on credit card details.
And there were no conversions at all.

I then put together these quick page;
All your Fitness and Health information in the Fitness Magazine.

And managed to instantly generate one conversion - but it stopped there.

So what is wrong with this page?
What’s need to be changed free to convert?
How can I improve my pre-selling of the magazine subscription?

Or, how can I get the campaign working and give a positive ROI?

Any good ideas guy’s?

Cheers for now.

Olle..

PS; “K”, do we have ever forum here for website evaluation and feedback?
Somewhere where we can list the websites, and get suggestions on how to improve them?

Haha, you localization in your script. :) It told me that I'm in Ontario. That's in Canada but your offer is for the U.S., you said. Do you have a redirect offer in place for when someone outside the U.S. clicks through?

MI
Back