The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What Should I Do About This Campaign?

jaguarx

affiliate
Hi,

I activated my first campaign two weeks ago and finally get an "Approved (non-family)" type of approval. It received 630 impressions with quality scores 10's and 7's the first day. The second day most quality scores drop. The third day, only 2-3 keywords survive. Most are rated 3 or 4 with min. bids 0.40-1.00.

My campaign has about 20 AdGroups and 286 keywords in total. All keywords are used by top marketers already.
Relevancy should not be the issue. Not that I can see it. My original set has 500 keywords and I reduced it too 286 to avoid inrelvancy. All bids are no more than 0.25 and exact match only. Two things about my campaign worries me. The campaign markets a male enlargement program. It took Google 2 weeks to grant an "Approval(non-familiy)" status. AdWords Suppor sends me an e-mail saying my ads are disapproved. it's getting impressions though. secondly, I use URL masking which I heard different opinion if Google hates it. The drop of quality scores looks very systematic. Now about 60% keywords are $1.00 with the other $0.40. The per product commission is $45 that makes raising bids impossible. Here is my rescue plan:

1. add a decent landing page,
2. allow tightly related keywords only in a group
3. make ads AdGroup targeted
4. remove keywords with bad quality scores?
5. add more keywords - Optimizer suggests phrase match keywords.

The other possibility is just pull this one off and apply the lessions I learned to te next one. However I heard the next campaign will get affected and start poorly too.

WHat do you think?

Warren

MI
Back