The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is your favourite web design tool?

Was the information in this post helpfull ?

• Yes, that helped me a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was pretty helpfull

• I'm not sure

• Not much

• No, it didn't help me at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Using Personal Web Pages FTP Server

To use Personal Web Pages FTP server you need:

1. to be connected with Insight Broadband
2. to use "upload.insightbb.com" for the server's address
3. to use your e-mail ID (the portion before @insightbb.com) as your user identification
4. to use your e-mail password as your password (remember it is case sensitive)
5. to upload your files (your FTP utility may haveother features that you can use)

Your files will not be available on our servers until after you end your FTP session."

Ok, I'm lost in space again :shock:

Through the DW software, how do I upload the page to my personal ISP web space? :bang:

Thanks in advance

Paul

Paul, I could never get that stupid FTP program to work and gave up after messing with it for a week. I even followed the tutorials but got nowhere.

I personally use WS_FTP pro for all my FTP uploading/downloading and it's the best software I've seen so far. Highly configurable to boot.

No right click is an annoyance to many visitors.
It is also futile, because if a visitor knows enough to use your content, they will certainly have the knowledge to save it (2 mouse clicks) regardless of your "No Right Click" code.

Just another passenger getting a free ride in your page download time yet making no contribution to the visitors experience.

In DW one of the first things you should learn is "Defining a Site" which you would have under your belt by now if you had persevered with the built in tutorial. (That was not meant to be a knock) If the site is not defined correctly within DW, FTP will never work correctly and you could wreck what is already up there as with most any FTP facility.

There are some prety good PDFs about DW that start from basics which would include Defining a Site and FTP settings.

"No right click is an annoyance to many visitors.
It is also futile, because if a visitor knows enough to use your content, they will certainly have the knowledge to save it (2 mouse clicks) regardless of your "No Right Click" code."

I agree. I was simply using this script as an example.

Thanks

Paul

"There are some prety good PDFs about DW that start from basics which would include Defining a Site and FTP settings."

The site is defined. I'm just trying, on the DW interface, where to upload to my server.

Thanks

Paul

Notepad, really ? or something similar... I’m using Edit Plus for editing sites and for making some amendments to some pages...

banners
Back