The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is your favorite free domain?

They can trust it if the content is good. At the end having a good domain can help you get more traffic and also seem more legit (that's why I talked in favor of paid domains earlier) but if you have good and quality content people will trust you no matter what domain you choose.

True but if two sites with quality content on the topic you are searching for popped up in the search engines, one to a .com (or other well known gTLD) and the other to a .tk Which would you choose?

Another thing is that .tk is a ccTLD which means the content on it should be specific to that area. So if you are going to have a website with quality content for people searching for things in or around Tokelauan then go for it!

If your not then you might as well just invest a few buck on a good gTLD.

Another thing is that .tk is a ccTLD which means the content on it should be specific to that area. So if you are going to have a website with quality content for people searching for things in or around Tokelauan then go for it!

If your not then you might as well just invest a few buck on a good gTLD.

Using that same reasoning you should not use a .TV domain if you are not aiming people in Tuvalu or .IO if you are not from the British Indian Ocean Territory.

ccTLDs are as good as gTLDs. It all depends on what's best for your site. Now I'm not saying that using .TK is the best option, I do believe it's better to go with a paid domain (let it be gTLD or ccTLD) but if it makes sense for you to use a .TK domain then it's all right.

I'm not a very big fan of building sites for free. Your ability to improve and further develop your site is very limited in that way, and you can't sell it after some time. But, if you insist, I recommend you to create a free account with WordPress. It's the best blogging platform in my opinion. It's also very user friendly and more important SEO friendly.
On the other hand I can't confirm that for free version because I have my own website and I pay for hosting it.

I've not really seen a .tk domain ranking. But I believe you can start up with such a domain as you fill your site with content. However, don't hope to get traffic from search engines, seek for it in places like social sites and popular blogs.

I've not really seen a .tk domain ranking. But I believe you can start up with such a domain as you fill your site with content. However, don't hope to get traffic from search engines, seek for it in places like social sites and popular blogs.

Why's that? I think the real reason you don't see many .tk or other free domains getting ranked is because getting your site ranked takes investments of time and money. If you aren't doing that then you won't get ranked, and if you are doing that then buying a TLD is probably one of the first things you'll do.

Speaking of "free" domains, has anyone heard anything on when the ".free" TLD's are finally going to go on sale? I pre-registered a bunch of really good ones but have yet to hear when they will become available.

Why's that? I think the real reason you don't see many .tk or other free domains getting ranked is because getting your site ranked takes investments of time and money. If you aren't doing that then you won't get ranked, and if you are doing that then buying a TLD is probably one of the first things you'll do.

We wouldn't know for sure until someone experiment. Please, have anyone really rank with a .tk domain? How competitive was the keyword you rank for?

.TK is the best of the free domains but I would really prefer to just get a site on somewhere like blogspot or proboards for a forum. Makes alot more sense and when you build your community up you can invest in the 10 bucks for the domain.

banners
Back